First post - Sharing work

You know the drill. Long time reader, just joined, first time posting. Here's some photos taken the last 2 weeks. Still using the old 5D Mark II.

7475326776_1bb95aaab0_b.jpg

7412155310_d478a3f942_c.jpg

7491005540_8b79213833_c.jpg

7406252204_29841aa8b0_c.jpg

Looking forward to the forum. Had to decide on one to join and these one seemed a little better than going back to dpreview (ugh)

Don't think you need much of a critique :p. Certainly not with my paltry portrait experience anyway. One comment, I don't know if it's actually possible, but the water behind the bikini model would be better if it wasn't blown. It gives you a challenge to try if nothing else :p. I suppose I'm interested to know if it's possible as much as anything else, my only thought would be NDs and controlled flash, but both are also outside my experience.

Upvote 0
Fantastic work - really striking images - the lighting in the first two is superb.
If you want some feedback, the one I like the least is the bikini model (well not the model :D - just the photo).
I find the pose awkward - she looks like she is trying to do a one armed sit-up - and the highlights in the water are blown. However, the lighting of her and her skin tone are great...

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
wickidwombat said:
awesome technique and shots i like the woman in the field one the most too
you should write a tutorial on the post processing part :D

+1

I have seen several videos on youtube on how to create this type of effect, but I think that the art lies in making it unconspiscious, like you have of the fair maiden in the tall grass. It also seems like it is backlit given the part of here dress that is semi-transluscent (is that an effect too?). This shot seems so dreamy and natural, and IMHO a brilliant shot!

I have the 135L, so that part is covered, now I just need a detailed instruction from you on how to make this so natural in photoshop;) Did you use the polygonal lasso tool?

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
trentchau said:
http://trentchau.wordpress.com is my blog.

I'll put it in detail, need to generate traffic anyways.

LOL awesome you are a legend!

by the way i have to say you photographic skills far exceed your web design skills :p
not that i can talk i'm not even doing my own site and its still under construction :(

Lol a legend? Do tell?

Heh my website design is from 2007 (www.trentchau.com), it's so dated but I'm kinda emotionally attached to it :)

Upvote 0