Formula Drift Streets of Long Beach shot on 5D MKIII

Awesome video. I will say that I was waiting for some slow motion action though. I really thought you were going to have them come around the corner in full speed, then switch to slowmo for a second or two. I realize that you'd need to be in 720 for 60fps, but I think it would have been awesome.

Either way, sweet video.

Upvote 0
I couldnt be any happier with the outcome of how the MKIII Performed vs the MKII because there was no more Moire and also being able to monitor the sound helped alot. I've shot alot of car events before and sometimes the sound would be over bearing but the MKIII worked like a charm.

nitsujwalker said:
Great stuff! How'd you find the camera's video capabilities?

Upvote 0
I actually did some video in 60fps and it didnt come out how I imagined it. Next time I shoot in Atlanta for Formula D I will do a slower shutter speed probably 1/160th instead of 1/2000th. Here are the results of fast shutter at 60fps Canon 5D MKIII: 60fps Slow Mo Test

keithfullermusic said:
Awesome video. I will say that I was waiting for some slow motion action though. I really thought you were going to have them come around the corner in full speed, then switch to slowmo for a second or two. I realize that you'd need to be in 720 for 60fps, but I think it would have been awesome.

Either way, sweet video.

Upvote 0
Thats the exact same question I've been asking here http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=5492.0
Ive seen so many videos where people are talking about shooting fast shutter speeds so I took that advice and it looks like I was wrong. I will have it all figured out by next month when I have to shoot again because a buddy of mine was shooting 60fps at 1/160th at the same event and his results came out awesome.
keithfullermusic said:
Interesting. Why does it do that? Is it because 1/2000 leaves shots to sharp that they don't blend together? Do you need 1/160 or something like that so they arent as crisp? Or do you just need something like 120 fps?

Upvote 0