G15 and RAW files - grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EELinneman

Well, Canon has dropped the ball. You can shoot RAW with the G15, bring them into ImageBrowser EX, try to open them in DPP, but no go on any edits of any type. It's a format that DPP sees as RAW but cannot display or edit. Of course, Adobe isn't ready for these yet, and who knows when. I've verified this on 2 windows boxes, mac to follow.

How can Canon sell a camera that you cannot work with the files? Don't tell me to use the JPEGS, I would have just stuck with a crappy P&S. The hope that f1.8 and the return of macro capability are what sold the camera to me.

Grrr. Actually, double grrr to you Canon.

Jul 21, 2010
Sorry if this is obvious, but just to confirm - did you install DPP from the disc that came with the camera? Many just-released cameras ship with a version of DPP that's newer than the most recent downloadable version, and that newer version is required to handle the RAW files. The fact that DPP is not listed as an available download on the Canon USA G-15 page suggests that you need the one from the included disc (that was the case with my S100).

Upvote 0
E

EELinneman

neuroanatomist said:
Sorry if this is obvious, but just to confirm - did you install DPP from the disc that came with the camera? Many just-released cameras ship with a version of DPP that's newer than the most recent downloadable version, and that newer version is required to handle the RAW files. The fact that DPP is not listed as an available download on the Canon USA G-15 page suggests that you need the one from the included disc (that was the case with my S100).

Yep, on 2 pc's and a mac all with the same effect. Canon has released an update to Image Browser EX, but the latest DPP is now working with the raw files from this camera. I've checked other Canon sites - UK, AUS, global for a newer version without luck.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.