Hard Case for Canon R6

Jul 28, 2019
Hey folks. I'm looking for a hard case for my Canon R6. I have only 1 lens right now, the RF 35mm. I plan to get another lens later, maybe the 100mm macro.
But I'm looking for a hard case in the $70 range. I see a lot on Amazon that are Pelican knock offs, and it seems that's where I want to go since it's within my budget.

The only thing I don't like are the pull-out foam, and I'm looking for cutouts that fit the R6 perfectly.

Would love to get some ideas what my options are. Thank you.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
You won’t find a custom ‘perfect’ fit for the R6, your options are the pick-n-pluck foam or padded dividers. I prefer the latter, they offer flexibility to change as your kit changes. I have 7 Pelican/Storm cases in a range of sizes from the small im2050 for my Vixia camcorder and accessories to the im2720 that holds my 600/4 and ~10 other lenses.

I think the im2100 is about the size you’d need. There’s a TrekPak divider set for it, but the combo would be about double your budget. I haven’t used a Pelican knock-off, but I chose hard cases for protection against impact and water, and I’m not sure I would be comfortable trusting a knock-off. When I travel, I use Pelican Elite luggage.

Here’s my im2100 (with the original Storm divider set), loaded with an EOS R + RF 24-105/4L, the EF 100/2.8L Macro, and the EF-RF adapter, there’s a little room left that would hold the battery charger, etc. (the rear/body cap stack is in there).

95BCD1ED-382A-4162-A9F6-41395137851B.jpeg

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
Hey folks. I'm looking for a hard case for my Canon R6. I have only 1 lens right now, the RF 35mm. I plan to get another lens later, maybe the 100mm macro.
But I'm looking for a hard case in the $70 range. I see a lot on Amazon that are Pelican knock offs, and it seems that's where I want to go since it's within my budget.

The only thing I don't like are the pull-out foam, and I'm looking for cutouts that fit the R6 perfectly.

Would love to get some ideas what my options are. Thank you.
There is another recommendable brand, B & W International (German company), using padded dividers and velcro.
Less expensive, at least in Europe, than Pelicans, and of (subjective!) similar quality.

Reactions: fisherman