Here are more Canon EOS R6 Specifications [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A little bit lost in the hype of the Canon EOS R5 is the Canon EOS R6. We broke the news of this model back in January, and Canon hasn’t done any sort of teasing for it. However, some early specs have remained true over the last few months, and now we have more information about the coming EOS R6
The Canon EOS R6 is aimed squarely at people looking for high ISO performance, great video specifications, and priced right for a lot of shooters.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications: (New information in BOLD)

20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
IBIS
12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
Oversampled 5K Video
4K @ 60p
FullHD @ 120p
Canon Log
10-bit
Zebras
AF identical to the EOS R5
No RAW video mode
Dual SD UHS-II slots
Head detection AF
Animal detection AF
Identical 5 million dot EVF as the EOS R5
No top-down screen
Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
Bluetooth 4.2 (EOS R5 to get Bluetooth 5.0)
LP-E6NH Battery (Same...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This camera is gonna sell like crazy if those specs play out - oversampled, 10 bit 5k video is what most of us would love to see, along with the AF system and those crazy photo frame rates. Not to mention the fact that many people will probably prefer dual SD over CFexpress/SD like in the R5. The control dial on top in place of top down LCD is concerning, though.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
sorry few questions for anyone who can answer

-could someone explain oversampling 5K video for me please?
- Being C log and 10bit doesn't that mean the grading potential of the 4K and Full HD will be nearly that of Raw video?
-When they say No Raw Video mode I get confused if it means you can grab a RAW frame from the video or does it mean it does not record Raw gradable video
- Ah and do you guys think the R6 will have a joystick also?
nonetheless AMAZING specs!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Defenitely, before 2022 begins, this camera will be in my bag (my eos R body still having a lot of work to do). If all this info is true and the DR is same or better than eos R and less noise at higher isos, is THE camera for wedding photography
I was just thinking it would make great 2nd camera to the R5 for wedding work .

Upvote 0
Group photo makes the R6 and R5 look like they are built on about the same chassis. Interesting set of specs. I do like that these don't alienate the R or RP, but rather appear to compliment the overall body lineup.

AGREED , I got the RP as a camera that can use RF lenses before I got my main body which was the wait for the R5, I really like that the RP will remain to be the smallest mirrorless camera of the bunch and that would make it a more unique secondary camera to have (for travel photography) something smaller and hopefully more discreet.

Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
sorry few questions for anyone who can answer

-could someone explain oversampling 5K video for me please?
- Being C log and 10bit doesn't that mean the grading potential of the 4K and Full HD will be nearly that of Raw video?
-When they say No Raw Video mode I get confused if it means you can grab a RAW frame from the video or does it mean it does not record Raw gradable video
- Ah and do you guys think the R6 will have a joystick also?
nonetheless AMAZING specs!

- "Oversampled 5K video" likely means that when the camera is capturing 4K, it's doing so by reading the entire sensor at ~5.5K, and then scaling that down to produce a 4K image. This is generally going to produce a higher quality 4K image.

With respect to RAW vs 10 bit:
- RAW on the 1DX3 is 12 bit, not 10 bit. I don't think we know raw depth yet for the R5.
- RAW is not chroma subsampled AFAIK, whereas the 10 bit will likely be 422.

A 10 bit, 422, clog image should be pretty flexible when it comes to grading, but probably wouldn't be "nearly that" of a 12 bit raw image.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0