Hot: Refurbished RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS USM & RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM available for the first time

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:
What is your experience with the Canon refurbished gear?
For the gear itself, nothing but positive experience for both cameras and lenses. Indistinguishable from new except for the box.

You have a better chance of Canon changing your refurb order to "Back order" status after purchase (even though it was In Stock), than of having an issue with the equipment. Prepare to be patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2020
For the gear itself, nothing but positive experience for both cameras and lenses. Indistinguishable from new except for the box.

You have a better chance of Canon changing your refurb order to "Back order" status after purchase (even though it was In Stock), than of having an issue with the equipment. Prepare to be patient.

Thank you for the input. I am considering going down that route for an RP/R + 24-105F4 in the coming months and was not sure what think of it.

Upvote 0

gbc

Oct 19, 2018
Just refresh, it showed out of stock for me at first , refresh it was back. Purchased.
Their "In Stock/Out of Stock" statuses are infuriating. I had a 28-70 in my cart so many times and then when I could to check out it says out of stock, then on the page it says in stock. A lot of sweating out the purchase for no reason.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I ordered an "in stock" refurb RF 28-70 seven weeks ago, it's still back ordered!

Early last year, I purchased EF 24-70 2.8 II and it was back ordered forever and eventually was cancelled. I hope you get yours.

On a side note, I grabbed both RF 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8. I took advantage of the loyalty program and it knocked off 10% on both (I had two old lenses). I hope they ship this time. Other than the backorder/cancellation issue I had 2-3 times with Canon, their refurbs look like new.

Upvote 0
Early last year, I purchased EF 24-70 2.8 II and it was back ordered forever and eventually was cancelled. I hope you get yours.

On a side note, I grabbed both RF 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8. I took advantage of the loyalty program and it knocked off 10% on both (I had two old lenses). I hope they ship this time. Other than the backorder/cancellation issue I had 2-3 times with Canon, their refurbs look like new.

Oh boy, I called their customer support, and it says the order is processed and will send email once shipped. Does that still mean it could get cancelled at anytime or does it mean they actually have it ready just not shipped. Man, i will be so mad at me for selling off my EF 70-200 if this doesnt go through :cry:

Upvote 0
Oh boy, I called their customer support, and it says the order is processed and will send email once shipped. Does that still mean it could get cancelled at anytime or does it mean they actually have it ready just not shipped. Man, i will be so mad at me for selling off my EF 70-200 if this doesnt go through :cry:

Not sure what they mean by 'processed'. Maybe they assigned the lens to ship it out to you? When mine was cancelled, the status was back ordered. I'm holding onto both of my EF 24-70 and 70-200 until I get my RF counter parts to be safe.

Upvote 0
Not sure what they mean by 'processed'. Maybe they assigned the lens to ship it out to you? When mine was cancelled, the status was back ordered. I'm holding onto both of my EF 24-70 and 70-200 until I get my RF counter parts to be safe.

I sure hope so. Ya, last time I bought from Canon Refurb I got them right away. I was not aware this is the current situation which is unfortunate.

Upvote 0