How to " High speed Flash Syncronize-Droplet of water"

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Friends.
I just want to have FUN , many years ago, Try to shoot the splash water with super high speed shutter and Flash syncronizer.
Enjoy, and have a great weekend.
Surapon

Attachments

• HFS1.jpg
    HFS1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 930
  • HFS2.jpg
    HFS2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 860
  • HFS3.jpg
    HFS3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 863
  • HFS4.jpg
    HFS4.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 856
F

flowers

Hi Surapon, I noticed you have quite a lot of wall behind the glass bowl visible. You could solve this buy making a snoot for your flash:
%20snoot.jpg
This will restrict the area your flash will hit instead of spreading it around. You can also restrict the light spread in vertical or horizontal only, but covering only 2 sides instead of all 4. Set your flash zoom to telephoto in order to not waste your flash output. Note: the head of the snoot can be bigger than the flash head! Set it up so the light hits the areas where you need it, but no further.

For your last image, unless you want the "ghost" appearance the multiple exposure, you could take 3 exposures and combine 1/3 of each shot into one shot. Remember to use a good tripod for the camera and the flash for absolute stability and evenness of light.

Happy shooting! :)

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Walt Disney used super high speed film motion picture cameras to capture drops of milk and discovered the shape of that splash. That was very expensive to do and the discovery was then used to animate rain drops in the 1942 Movie "Bambi"
Now, anyone can do it with a little care in setting up, but it was a big deal back in the late 1930's (No, I wasn't born yet when Bambi was made) :) .

Upvote 0