I am continually amazed

The plethora of threads that start with "show your images using this or that" really amazes me.

Given the differences in browsers/monitors/post processing/whatnot...any photographer with a
whit of knowledge under his/her belt knows that evaluation of image quality based on an internet
displayed image is a complete exercise in futility...why do it.

Okay...rant done now. ;)

Jan 1, 2013
Few of us calibrate our chain of gear, from cameras to monitors to printers, because of one reason or another. I am one of these. It is not going to stop me from enjoying viewing, admiring and learning from the beautiful photos here. I feel privileged to see all the photos here.
And I do post what I would consider good to me in order to get some comments/feedbacks/critiques from the contributors here.
Please don't stop posting photos here.
And Chauncey, I saw a lot of your photos here, and they are beautiful!
-r

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2015
lion rock said:
Few of us calibrate our chain of gear, from cameras to monitors to printers, because of one reason or another. I am one of these. It is not going to stop me from enjoying viewing, admiring and learning from the beautiful photos here. I feel privileged to see all the photos here.
And I do post what I would consider good to me in order to get some comments/feedbacks/critiques from the contributors here.
Please don't stop posting photos here.
And Chauncey, I saw a lot of your photos here, and they are beautiful!
-r

+1

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

chauncey said:
The plethora of threads that start with "show your images using this or that" really amazes me.

Okay...rant done now. ;)

If that's the only thing that "amazes" you about this forum you're missing the threads on ridiculous nitpicking of DR for all your "snapshots", needing the sharpest lens know to man for cat photos, and comment's like " I need a decent 85mm f/1.2..." because you know the current one is pure garbage.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
chauncey said:
Given the differences in browsers/monitors/post processing/whatnot...any photographer with a
whit of knowledge under his/her belt knows that evaluation of image quality based on an internet
displayed image is a complete exercise in futility...why do it.

May I suggest we start a "post the binary form of your image data here" thread?

:p

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
AlanF said:
camerabug said:
I agree with Nero here, it about the eye of the photographer and the tools he uses to convey the emotion.

Nero?! Now, I wouldn't be surprised for dilbert to call Neuro Nero! But, he doesn't fiddle while Rome burns.

I might bodhran while Venice floods, but that's a hoarse of a different colour... ;)

Upvote 0