Made my first ever trip to Iceland in September this year; went solo driving around the country over two weeks. Quite the amazing experience though I was a bit unlucky with the weather (clouds and rain) this trip therefore didn't get to experience the aurora much (especially with crazy activity happening during my first week there) and had to deal with my smashed up 14-35L thanks to them crazy Icelandic winds just 5 days into my trip haha. Anyway here are some of my favourites from the trip:

Gullfoss by Tony, on Flickr
Geysir by Tony, on Flickr
Skogafoss Selfie by Tony, on Flickr
Black Sand Beach by Tony, on Flickr
Myrdalsjokull Ice Cave by Tony, on Flickr
Vestrahorn by Tony, on Flickr
Diamond Beach by Tony, on Flickr
Dettifoss by Tony, on Flickr
Icelandic Horse by Tony, on Flickr
Arctic Fox by Tony, on Flickr
Kirkjufell by Tony, on Flickr

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Aug 10, 2021
Made my first ever trip to Iceland in September this year; went solo driving around the country over two weeks. Quite the amazing experience though I was a bit unlucky with the weather (clouds and rain) this trip therefore didn't get to experience the aurora much (especially with crazy activity happening during my first week there) and had to deal with my smashed up 14-35L thanks to them crazy Icelandic winds just 5 days into my trip haha. Anyway here are some of my favourites from the trip:

Gullfoss by Tony, on Flickr
Geysir by Tony, on Flickr
Skogafoss Selfie by Tony, on Flickr
Black Sand Beach by Tony, on Flickr
Myrdalsjokull Ice Cave by Tony, on Flickr
Vestrahorn by Tony, on Flickr
Diamond Beach by Tony, on Flickr
Dettifoss by Tony, on Flickr
Icelandic Horse by Tony, on Flickr
Arctic Fox by Tony, on Flickr
Kirkjufell by Tony, on Flickr
Fantastic photos! What happened to the 14-35L and do you have any special recommendations after your trip?

Upvote 0
Fantastic photos! What happened to the 14-35L and do you have any special recommendations after your trip?
Thanks bud. So it faceplanted with the wind blowing everything over initially I thought it was just cosmetic damage around the casing/filter thread but soon found out it won't focus to infinity at the widest focal length had to zoom into roughly 17mm and even then it's hit/miss and I'd have to constantly turn the camera off and back on again for the lens to engage; this is for manual focusing as well.

I sent the camera off to Canon Australia and repair costs came stupidly high to the point Canon offered me a new lens at a heavily discounted price (cheaper than repairs) instead of repairing and also found out (as I had sent the body in as well just in case) apparently the sensor had been knocked out of position too in relation to distance to mount though it must've been so minuscule that I didn't really notice it impacting my photos.

I've never been more glad I decided to purchase proper camera equipment insurance prior to my trip.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Do you know if anyone can take photos of the lava or do they have the area blocked off?
It's looked pretty blocked off from the news reports I've been seeing. Reminds me of when my wife and I went to the top of Mt Etna many years ago, including a walking track around the main crater with a wisp of smoke coming from it. Literally a week after we arrived home, Etna blew up unexpectedly ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0