In search of an remote trigger for 5D Mark IV

Hi guys!

Another question please: Which remote trigger to buy for long exposure landscape shots for my 5D IV?
Should be programmable (bulb, time lapse,...) and should have an illuminated screen.
Nice to have, no must: wireless (but then, it should work with the internal communication of the 5DIV, not having an remote trigger that has to be mounted on the flash shoe of the camera.

Thanks a lot
Daniela

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague
daniela said:
Hi guys!

Another question please: Which remote trigger to buy for long exposure landscape shots for my 5D IV?
Should be programmable (bulb, time lapse,...) and should have an illuminated screen.
Nice to have, no must: wireless (but then, it should work with the internal communication of the 5DIV, not having an remote trigger that has to be mounted on the flash shoe of the camera.

Thanks a lot
Daniela

Look at TriggerTrap. Wired solution with smartphone, but very powerful. HDR timelapsing, preset timed exposures, ramping etc.

I use it with my 6D and iPhone. Couldn't be happier.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Khalai said:
daniela said:
Hi guys!

Thanks a lot
Daniela

Look at TriggerTrap. Wired solution with smartphone, but very powerful. HDR timelapsing, preset timed exposures, ramping etc.

They have ceased trading and the app is no longer supported, there was a fire sale of the hardware and the software was turned over, or is maybe going to be turned over, to open source.

Cables are easy to get still, dongles, not so much.

Upvote 0

foo

Sep 10, 2016
privatebydesign said:
They have ceased trading and the app is no longer supported, there was a fire sale of the hardware and the software was turned over, or is maybe going to be turned over, to open source.

hardware and software have been open-sourced here https://github.com/triggertrap so certainly possible to build your own if that's your thing.

Upvote 0

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague
privatebydesign said:
Khalai said:
daniela said:
Hi guys!

Thanks a lot
Daniela

Cables are easy to get still, dongles, not so much.

Dammit, didn't know that :-\

It's such a nice app. Pity they no longer support it.

Upvote 0
daniela said:
Hi guys!

I have the Hähnel Giga T Pro II which does all that you ask for (and mroe). It seems to have been replaced by the Captur Module

Upvote 0
daniela said:
Hi guys!

Thanks a lot
Daniela
This is obvious to me but why aren't you using the built in wireless and Canon Connect App. It works great for remote control and firing. I know that you can also tether and control from a laptop. What do you not have access to there that you need? That said, I have no idea if time lapse is supported but if i wanted to do that, why not set it up in camera and click the button and then take a nap?

Upvote 0