Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>B&H Photo finally has stock of the Canon EOS 5DS R body.</p>
<p class="fs16 OpenSans-600-normal upper product-highlights-header">PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS</p>
<ul class="top-section-list" data-selenium="highlightList">
<li class="top-section-list-item">50.6 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Low-Pass Filter Effect Cancellation</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">3.2″ 1.04m-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">61-Point High Density Reticular AF</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">ISO 100-6400; 5 fps Continuous Shooting</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">150,000-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">User-Selectable Shutter Release Time Lag</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Anti-Flicker Compensation</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119027-REG/canon_0582c002_eos_5ds_r_dslr.html/BI/2466/KBID/3296/DFF/d10-v21-t1-x604095" target="_blank">Canon EOS 5DS R at B&H Photo</a></strong></p>

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Re: Sold Out: Canon EOS 5DS R at B&H Photo

The market of B&H is pretty large. The term 'sold out' without statistics is not very meaningful.
How large was their stock, when did it arrive and how fast after it arrived it was sold out. Would also be interesting to know how many purchased more than 1. To replace 5D MKIII or add one 5DS R next to a 5D MKIII - or 1DX etcetera
And, how are sales going for others

Just saying.... ::)

Upvote 0

dilbert said:
But there are still plenty of 5Ds's to be had.

Craziness, isn't it? All of these people buying cameras that are susceptible to moire. Who would have thought?

What's crazier is that you have no data on supply numbers of each model nor do you have ANY sales stats for each model.

I suppose it's even CRAZIER that Canon outsells Nikon despite the low ISO DR problem.

Can't use an argument both ways, unless of course you're in...dilbertland.

Upvote 0

bdunbar79 said:
dilbert said:

Craziness, isn't it? All of these people buying cameras that are susceptible to moire. Who would have thought?

What's crazier is that you have no data on supply numbers of each model nor do you have ANY sales stats for each model.

I suppose it's even CRAZIER that Canon outsells Nikon despite the low ISO DR problem.

Can't use an argument both ways, unless of course you're in...dilbertland.

how can you claim that Canon is outselling Nikon (assuming you meant in this high-mpx department) if you don't have any sales numbers?

Upvote 0

bdunbar79 said:
And I didn't mean in the high MP department. I mean overall DSLR market share. To my knowledge Nikon doesn't offer a 50 MP camera.
well I don't consider the d800/d810 to be low MP cameras. I'm not sure if Nikon is doing worse than Canon in the high MP range and I don't have any numbers to sustain otherwise... that's all

Upvote 0

dilbert said:

you, of all people, should know that sales volume doesn't necessarily match product ability or quality

Upvote 0