Is a Canon RF 14-28mm f/2L USM on the way? [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
There have been a few rumors that Canon will do a “holy trinity” of RF mount f/2L zoom lenses, as you know, we already have the RF 28-70mm f/2L USM, which is an amazing piece of glass.
An unknown source now claims that an RF 14-28mm f/2L USM is on the way sometime in 2020, this goes with a previous rumor of an RF 70-135mm f/2L USM coming as well.
That would be quite the trifecta of zoom lenses from Canon.
More to come…

Continue reading...

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
I demand a 70-200 f/2L with dual card slots.

Dual card slots on the camera is not safe enough. Customers demand dual dual redundancy and backup. With the new RF mount boasting extra data bandwidth, it can send the files straight to the lens card slots. Brilliant idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Dual card slots on the camera is not safe enough. Customers demand dual dual redundancy and backup. With the new RF mount boasting extra data bandwidth, it can send the files straight to the lens card slots. Brilliant idea.
Now that's a great idea but would they be immune to the virus?

Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Yes, but think of the vignetting. Oh, the horror! :eek:
For what I personally do with my gear I have yet to find a single lens where vignette is a problem. It is either corrected very well in camera or it is an effect I desire in the photo. But yes, some will find it to be terrible for their use.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I know there are folks that love themselves some bokeh. I'm not one of them. Ansel Adams and the rest of the f64 school have got to be rolling in their graves. Minimum $9,000 for this "trinity" that doesn't go past 135mm doesn't tempt me. I'd much rather have a big white if I could afford that kind of money.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

IcyBergs

I have a Sony...TV
May 31, 2016
I know there are folks that love themselves some bokeh. I'm not one of them. Ansel Adams and the rest of the f64 school have got to be rolling in their graves. Minimum $9,000 for this "trinity" that doesn't go past 135mm doesn't tempt me. I'd much rather have a big white if I could afford that kind of money.

f/2.br0ke

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I love my single big white, for it's purpose but the 11-24 gives me no regrets.

Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0