Is this deal too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this seller on eBay selling new 5D II kit with 24-105mm lens + other accessories for $2399.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200765254988?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I actually bought the item from him 3 days ago, but the seller states the shipping time is 15 business days. I figured the worst that could happen is I don't get my item and file with eBay and get my money back. But not sure how long the eBay process will take, so I may not have my money for a while if something goes wrong.

I have been following the seller's activities for a few days and so far he has sold about 15 of these (according to his 'feedback left for others' tab. I also noticed he sells either 3 at a time or 5 at a time, and lists them again once its sold out. He has no prior history of selling expensive equipments. So thats where my suspicion comes from. He is registered in Australia, but item seems in to be California...hmmm. Anyway, what do you guys think, is it legit??

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I always use a credit card to purchase high end items on ebay, so if PayPal or Ebay balks, I merely call my bank, and the item is charged back to PayPal.

You need to file a claim with PayPal, not with ebay. Paypal is the one with your money, they will withhold it from the seller if you notify them right away before he actually gets it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.