King Cobra vs. Wimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.
AprilForever said:
Hi Everyone! I know that this may be posted in the wrong place, but I couldn't figure out where to post to...

I am looking to get a gimbal head: should I pony up and get the wimberly, or save a few bucks, and get the King Cobra?

Has anyone ever used the King Cobra? How is it?

Since I am using a Manfrotto Tripod for my 400 f/2.8L I did get the Manfrotto 393 head which offers the same functionality as a gimbal head but at a much lower price.

I am very satisfied with it and do highly recommend it.

Upvote 0
Michael_pfh said:
AprilForever said:
Hi Everyone! I know that this may be posted in the wrong place, but I couldn't figure out where to post to...

I am looking to get a gimbal head: should I pony up and get the wimberly, or save a few bucks, and get the King Cobra?

Since I am using a Manfrotto Tripod for my 400 f/2.8L I did get the Manfrotto 393 head which offers the same functionality as a gimbal head but at a much lower price.

That's the U-looking one?

Upvote 0
AprilForever said:
Michael_pfh said:
AprilForever said:

That's the U-looking one?

Exactly! Although the official manufacturer instruction is to use as 'O' and not 'U'.

I haven't tried out the 'O' yet as I am very happy with the 'U'. Some people claim that the lens' switches could not be accessed easily anymore but I do not agree to that, never had any problem to quickly change a setting on the lens.

Upvote 0
AprilForever said:
Thanks guys! I went and got the Wimberly Sidemount. I realized that I could either pony up for it, or buy a cheaper one then pony up for the expensive one later... ;D

You mean you got the 'Wimberley Sidekick'? I wanted to get that one in the first place but could not source it locally so I opted for the Manfrotto 393 instead...

Upvote 0

docsavage123

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2011
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.