Leica announces the Leica M11 Monochrom

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Focused on the Essence of Photography: Creating Pictures with Light and Shadow Leica Camera AG has always gone its own way, and its courageous decisions were doubted more than once. Success, however, proved the long-established company right. Even in 2012, when it decided to be the only manufacturer worldwide to launch a camera with a

See full article...

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I really like my Leica gear. And use it frequently.
But to be honest, I simply do not accept their pricing, Euro 7500 for a 1,4/50 is just over the border.
I know, salaries and production related costs are high in Germany, but they aren't low in Japan either. Is a Summilux 50 worth 3 RF 1,2/50? I doubt it. Is it better? Maybe.
It's just sad that Leica thinks that "milking" millionaires is more important than providing photographers with appropriate gear, at reasonable prices. Just look at the stupid pre-aged "Lenny Kravitz" edition...a shame.
I have Leica M & R lenses from 15 to 560mm, bought when they were quite expensive, but not yet "fantasy-priced". The Apo 180mm was half my monthly net salary. But now??? Twice.
Yes, I know, If they can sell them, why shouldn't they. I'm certainly not that naive. But they seem to have alienated themselves from many real photographers, to the profit of yacht owners or royals...
And the Canon Repair Service is, my experience, classes better than Leica's in Wetzlar. I won't even mention the 1-2 month waiting and the cost. You want quick repair for a Euro12000 lens? Be ready to pay (if I remember well) Euro 80 for a 5 working days delivery...

Upvote 0