It starts and stops "exposing" all pixels at the same time. Without this you get an effect called "rolling shutter." Note it's a little confusing: GLOBAL shutter is a type of or PROPERTY of an electronic sensor, while ROLLING shutter is the EFFECT of not having it.What is a global shutter?
Nmind. Looks like they used R5, 1dxmkiii, c300iii. I thought for a second we may have had a leak on the c50...oh well. Definitely getting that stabilizer though!!!Ummmm. Which Canon camera is this: https://www.dji.com/mobile/rs-2?site=brandsite&from=homepage DJI has launched a new RS2 stabilizer and they show multiple Canon cameras being mounted on it but also a hybrid one that kind of looks like the C70 but also maybe the 1dx 3?
very optimistic wishes indeed.After shooting the R5 & R6 in YNP/GNTP for the last 16 days, I want to add a few things to the previous posters list (below)
I will add, I really liked shooting with the R5 and have no regrets selling my 1dx II. I am not quite as happy with the 100-500 when used with at the 1.4x TC. Extending the lens to 300 mm before adding the converter and limited to 420-700mm can be an issue with animals on the move and changing distance. I kept my 100-400 II with the intent to sell after testing the 100-500. I am very happy with the performance of the 100-500, but feel I need a second camera with my 100-400 II when I am using the 100-500 with the 1.4x TC. In my view, the ability to use 500-700 mm on the 100-500 is awesome, but it comes with the price of flexibility on the 100-420mm range when shooting with the 1.4x TC.
- Much better battery life
- "Always ON" EVF and ready to shoot (I know this contradicts item 1)
- Faster, smoother, higher resolution EVF for tracking action (should be part of a 1dx comparable MLC)
- Assignable audio for each frame capture of the electronic shutter vs flashing frame which I find distracting
- Slightly smear AI for the "groundbreaking AF" and better support for eye tracking with long lenses.
- AF ability to identify and focus through obstructions on the eye (grease, tree branches, leaves, etc).
- Better dynamic range and handling of dark areas for high contrast, bright situations.
"My guess is minimum specs as R5 but in 1D body ( AF-On smart controller buttons, dual CFe slots) with:
- Global shutter (no mechanical shutter). Rolling shutter artifactys significantly better than current electronic shutter
- 45mp sensor with IBIS (IBIS can be turned off)
- 30fps electronic shutter burst with full tracking - perhaps with buffer ie not unlimited
- ~20mp on-the fly over sampled (no lossy compression/S-RAW) at full 30fps unlimited buffer. Best of both worlds.
- Dual Digic X to spread the heat generation and generate less heat per CPU
- Unlimited 8k cinema raw lite internal recording
- 6K/60. 4k/120 unlimited no crop internal recording.
- No line skipping/pixel binning 4k/6k modes
- 29:59 recording limit
- minimum 16fps using anti-flicker depending on frequency of the flicker lighting
- AF in very low light (quad pixel makes sense but would be equivalent to a 180mp sensor!)
- pixel shift high res stills
- 9+ megadot EFV with no blackout and fast refresh rates (at lease 120fps). >0.5" in size
- full sized HDMI 2.1 port (48G) or thunderbolt 3 USB-C or both
- Mini XLR audio option
- Ethernet port
- Flippy screen included. Won't be great for portrait recording but still needed I think. Weather sealing will need to be excellent though"
This could prompt the MKIII / MKII shooters to make the jump if
It's at least 45MP's
If I fill the frame I want distinct hair stands, blackheads, pimples and facial hair vs. wax
Sports Photogs can't shoot tethered to a PC on the field, shooting over the bow of a boat or squatting next to jump for dirt bikes. I'd love a 2TB - External Drive with a sealed connection
Auto MA - If I have to buy a new 2.8 300 & 400 & 70-200 & 24-70 & 85 as least have the body mate with the lens
I still wonder what has prevented Canon from alternating horizontally and vertically oriented Dual Pixels?
1) less EVF lag. Users will point the lens at subjects tighter but behind.How can focus better than R5 and R6? It will focus even before you push the button? If focus where you point your eye in the evf? Lol