Lightroom Classic 2017 versus Lightroom CC - Nice Comparison

Mar 25, 2011
Victoria Brampton AKA Lightroom Queen has a nice flowchart and feature comparison as well as answering questions on her forum. I have already figured out that I will use lightroom Classic plus collections to sync what I want to the cloud as well as syncing from my phone to the cloud when I see a benefit.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/?utm_source=The+Lightroom+Queen&utm_campaign=4f3bb025b1-LR7_Newbies&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_17d5f8afbe-4f3bb025b1-341004953&mc_cid=4f3bb025b1&mc_eid=1f29fa0687

Mar 25, 2011
I should buy her latest book, I have one dating back to LR2. I haven't done it because I seem to do fine, but I may be missing out on shortcuts. I'm in the process of editing a couple thousand images, its going slowly because I have to squeeze a few minutes in here and there.

I like the straighten image button that appears when crop is opened, that saves time. The auto tone feature now works and actually does a adequate job for 70% of the images. I ran it on all the images as a starting point. I wonder if I can batch run the straighten image process too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2012
The auto tone feature now works and actually does a adequate job for 70% of the images. I ran it on all the images as a starting point.

That is the one thing that frustrates me with LR 6.14. I processed some wedding photos yesterday. The autotone function is close less than 30% and often unbelievably far out, usually grossly overexposed. If autotone really is that good I would consider moving to the subscription version.

Upvote 0