Lightroom upgrade 6.2.1 the weirdest crashes ever

The day before yesterday I loaded the latest 6.2.1 upgrade for my LR 6 (single shot, no CC coverage here) on my mid-2010 iMac with 1 tera SSD and 12 GB of RAM.
It did behave strangely, the Mac restarted a couple of times and wasn't quite sure how to boot. Then it finally did. But the LR6 did not want to import pictures. It flashed a scene that I had never seen before where it presented the Elements library from where I could import...also there were the options of a data card and external drive.

It courteously offered also to search the computer. But when I scrolled to the folder where photos were and clicked them, nothing happened. I could not exit the screen without force quit. I relaunched the LR, went to library mode but it did not let me see the contents of the folders. There was a lot af beach balling going on and even other applications seemed affected. Sure, I restarted the Mac a couple of times in case it was a memory overflow thing.
Google told me to wipe the preferences files whic I did. (hold alt and shift at startup, click 'yes')

My old LR5 launched nicely and did everything as it should.
Luckily, I had the LR6 .dmg on my hard drive. So I inactivated, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, identified myself this way and that and got the plugins in place. Now it works.

I think that the aliens have taken over Adobe.

BTW the same upgrade is working without any problems on my new MacbookPro so the problem might be other Adobe things installed on my old iMac. As if there were parts of Premiere Elements 10 showing up in the stead of Lightroom screens.

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Check for your Toby forms before installing now by room upgrades was a lot of information there a lot of people are not happy

Yes I learned that much. As the install went smoothly with my MBookPro, I did not expect any problems eith the other one as both machines are running El Capitan. There is something seriously fishy going on in Adobe now.
When did you last see a CEO apologizing for a buggy upgrade? Pretty amazing.

Upvote 0