Lightroom

Jan 29, 2011
Is there a way to use Lightroom to browse through photos from an sd card without having to actually import the photos?
Yes just use the import box, but don't import. You can see all the thumbnails but if you double click on any picture it will show it large and you can scroll through each image individually too.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Yes just use the import box, but don't import. You can see all the thumbnails but if you double click on any picture it will show it large and you can scroll through each image individually too.
Okay, thanks. Doesn't want to work right for me though, maybe because I don't have an active subscription to Lr. Actually im trying to find a way to simutaneosly delete unwanted RAW+JPEGs from my SD card on my laptop. It's okay doing that straight from the camera but of course it's nice to have the option of doing it on a biiger screen...

Upvote 0
I avoid doing anything on a card other than capturing images while it's in a camera, and then formatting the card in the camera. I want the cards dedicated to capture. I believe this reduces chances of file corruption issues.

Why not transfer images to a hard drive, then cull?
Yes, that could be worth doing. But would still need a way to quickly delete the RAWs and JPEGs together. I find its pretty intuitive to do that just from the back of camera with the way the controls are set up but the screen is very small obviously and also there's the corruption issue you mentioned. Ive tried connecting my camera to my laptop with hdmi and a video capture card so I can browse through photos on a bigger screen and still have the back of camera interface. It works alright but just not as snappy as id like it to be

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I avoid doing anything on a card other than capturing images while it's in a camera, and then formatting the card in the camera. I want the cards dedicated to capture. I believe this reduces chances of file corruption issues.
I absolutely agree. I was just answering the specific question because we never know the individual circumstances, but for a regular practice working off a card is not optimal.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0