Long Blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
I'm getting a very long blackout lately. About 2 seconds. I can't remember if it's always been this way and I'm just recently irritated by it, or if something has changed based on settings or the type of SD card I'm using (EyeFi pro class 10). Anyway, It's really making it difficult to follow what I'm shooting sometimes. It's the same whether I'm shooting RAW or just jpeg.

Anyone else? What's the "normal" blackout?

Apr 24, 2013
ahab1372 said:
Check in your custom functions if "Long Exposure Noise Reduction" is on, or on Auto.

It's off, but I had high iso noise reduction set to low, and turning that off seems to have helped a bit. Also switching from single shot to continuous burst helps a lot too. But then I have to be careful not to actually burst.

Ivan, I usually focus first and then shoot, but holding down the shutter all the way for focus/shoot doesn't seem to change the blackout time.

Just curious, what kind of shutter blackout are you guys seeing? Half a second? A full second? How much time passes until you can shoot again? Including blackout and other delay I'm getting at least two seconds, sometimes three or four. If I go manual focus I can fire off another in a second at best.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.