Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Nokishita has released a new list of unreleases Canon gear that has appeared for certification.

K433

Mirrorless camera
Full size
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Maximum image size of test machine: 6240 x 4160
Probably will be released within 1 year

K435

Single lens reflex camera
APS-C
Battery level indication is displayed in 4 levels (same as 9000 D etc.)
Maximum image size of test machine: 6000 × 4000
Probably released in 2019

K436

APS-C
Battery level indication is displayed in 4 levels (same as 9000 D etc.)
Maximum image size of test machine: 6000 × 4000
Probably released in 2019

K437

Battery level indicator is displayed in six levels (same as 5D Mark IV etc.)
Maximum image size of test machine: 6960 × 4640
Probably released in 2019 or later

EC804

Compact digital camera
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

razorzec

700D
Sep 16, 2016
Mars
It seems to me Canon is slowly relegating EF mount into entry level and low mid end range while the more expensive models go to RF mirrorless. it makes a sense since EOS R can use any EF lenses in addition to its superior RF line.

an RF-mount 26MP sounds like a lower tier EOS R to me with no Canon Log and 10 bit recording. I can't see them releasing a fast shooting Pro Grade model within a year yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Some disagree with me when I say that Canon is at the top of the food chain when it comes to knowing how to segment their products. But even this set of leaked specs proves just how far they'll go to artificially segment their products. Anyone know what I'm referring to?
The damn battery indicator! Some of the cameras (lower-tier, presumably) have a 4-level battery indicator while some have a 6-level battery indicator. Come the f*** on, Canon! Could you BE a touch more pedantic?
Not to hold Sony up as some paragon of camera design, but everything, from their lowly A5100 up to the A9 all display the percent left of the battery. How hard is that to implement so you don't have to dive into the menus to find it? Seems like an exact measure would be ideal yet Canon (and Nikon) want to stick with a dumb image of a battery with segments on it.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Some disagree with me when I say that Canon is at the top of the food chain when it comes to knowing how to segment their products. But even this set of leaked specs proves just how far they'll go to artificially segment their products. Anyone know what I'm referring to?
The damn battery indicator! Some of the cameras (lower-tier, presumably) have a 4-level battery indicator while some have a 6-level battery indicator. Come the f*** on, Canon! Could you BE a touch more pedantic?
Not to hold Sony up as some paragon of camera design, but everything, from their lowly A5100 up to the A9 all display the percent left of the battery. How hard is that to implement so you don't have to dive into the menus to find it? Seems like an exact measure would be ideal yet Canon (and Nikon) want to stick with a dumb image of a battery with segments on it.

Indicator, indicator on the wall, which (camera) is the most likely of them all... :geek:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I would love the 26mp full frame mirorless to be a higher speed, higher end model with better high iso and video specs, reduced crop factor, etc but I suspect this will be a lower end 6D ii equivelant.

Bear in mind the R is a mirorless 5D IV with better codec, flip screen, except for dual card slots and FPS/continuous af. Even thought it’s priced less than 5D IV, canon has stated a couple of times it’s a 5D level camera, so a lower end model is likely I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Surprised they’re not doing a higher MP version early next year. Based on the forum comments, a lot of people would buy. They should also do a low MP, high ISO version for video folks equal to the A7SII or III (when it’s released).

I'd love to have also a lower MP, higher ISO FF camera for stills (and video) available. Okay, I can shoot with a high MP sensor MRAW or even SRAW, Canon's smaller RAWs are always impressively good. But the 22 MP only of my old 5D3 deliver so much detail that this is sufficient for excellent A3 prints. Btw I know one still living in Nikon's old 12 MP world and producing very good A3 prints from those cameras. You can sell her prints to people as results of much higher MP cameras, and they swallow it. The only downside of such cameras is that you have no room for cropping, of course.

The most funny thing is that many people seem to use their 40+ MP Sonys mainly for posting in Instagram. Very intelligent use of technology :devilish:

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
I seems like none of the certifications point at a 90d or 7d iii. Does that mean we wont be getting them in 2019?

It looks like the SW guys at Canon will be having their hands full for the next 2 years at least bumping up the performance of their mirrorless offerings. I would bet not.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
There is one hard-stop here: if Canon wants the R series to be taken seriously, they need a 1DX2 equivalent before the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. That is a showcase not just for the athletes but also for the photographers; Nikon, Canon and Sony all out-do themselves for the pro community. And it's on their home-turf. It would be embarrassing if Nikon had the Z7-mark2 and Sony had the A9iv out there while Canon didn't have an ultimate R ready to go.

I'd expect the CPS ready room to have rows and rows of the "1Rx" (have to call it something) with plenty of fast, action-driven RF lenses -- a 70-200 f/2.8, a 400 f2/.8, etc. You don't want to adapt EF lenses to your 1Rx at the Olympics, do you?

So Canon can have their 5D4-minus R, and their 6D2 equivalent R, etc., and build out the line in 2019. But for the Olympics they'd better be ready with the camera the pros want to use.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Surprised they’re not doing a higher MP version early next year. Based on the forum comments, a lot of people would buy. They should also do a low MP, high ISO version for video folks equal to the A7SII or III (when it’s released).
I would be interested in one, but I wonder how well the 5DS and 5DSR actually sold or would sell today..

When Canon released those cameras there wasn't a lot of high-MP competition, but now there are a number of cameras that are pretty close in resolution, but have faster frame rates and better low light performance (or at the very least much higher ISO options). Since the market space for that kind of product is a bit more crowded than it was in 2015, I wonder if Canon sees that as a real opportunity.

I'd love one, don't get me wrong, but I do wonder how much market space exists for it.

Upvote 0