M5 Already Discounted -

In addition to the $50 off they are also throwing in the EF/EF-S adapter for free...

I'll admit it's fairly tempting. I'm looking to get rid of my backup body (7D), grip, 10-22, and 50f1.4 for something more geared toward day to day walk around, better low iso/dr, but still functional as a backup.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd like to see if the M5 could fill that role. I'd rather wait for reviews, but I'm also looking forward to potential Black Friday deals as well!

Upvote 0
Here in Oz, Canon have a cashback offer on their entire camera range including the 5d4 and the yet to be released M5.
Most cameras have a $200 cashback, but the 5d4 and M5 are only getting a $100 cashback.
But, if you also buy another Canon accessory at the same time, you get a double cashback.

I guess Canon Australia must really trying to drum up business.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Bennymiata said:
Here in Oz, Canon have a cashback offer on their entire camera range including the 5d4 and the yet to be released M5.
Most cameras have a $200 cashback, but the 5d4 and M5 are only getting a $100 cashback.
But, if you also buy another Canon accessory at the same time, you get a double cashback.

Yes, it happens every year in November and December. Canon's Fiscal Year ends December 31, so this is the time to sell down inventory and boost end of the year sales figures.

With the higher Japanese Yen, I was wondering if yen would see big price cuts this year.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
Fatalv said:
In addition to the $50 off they are also throwing in the EF/EF-S adapter for free...

I'll admit it's fairly tempting. I'm looking to get rid of my backup body (7D), grip, 10-22, and 50f1.4 for something more geared toward day to day walk around, better low iso/dr, but still functional as a backup.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd like to see if the M5 could fill that role. I'd rather wait for reviews, but I'm also looking forward to potential Black Friday deals as well!

I might have gone for it if I didn't already have the EF/EF-S adapter. Instead, I'll wait for prices to drop some more.

Upvote 0

dlee13

Canon EOS R6
May 13, 2014
Australia
Bennymiata said:

Not sure where you are but I'm in Perth and got mine from JB Hifi for $1367 as part of the 15-45mm/EF adapter kit. I price matched Camera Electronics which had no stock so I'm ecstatic about it haha.

Upvote 0