M5 with manual lenses - problems

I have an M5 with all the lenses, and I really love it for my personal photography, and today, I received a 7Artisans 7.5mm F2.8 fish-eye lens.
I wanted a fish-eye for a long time but didn't want to stump up the coin for something that is only for fun, but at $139 I figured why not.

The lens looks good and images through the viewfinder look great, and fully manual operation is no problem for me either, but when I mount the lens on the camera, it won't take a photo!
I've switched off all the peripheral nonsense, but I can't find the menu item that allows you to take pictures without a lens on, and obviously, the camera thinks there is no lens on it.

Anyone have any experience with using fully manual lenses on the M5 or M6?

Bennymiata said:
I have an M5 with all the lenses, and I really love it for my personal photography, and today, I received a 7Artisans 7.5mm F2.8 fish-eye lens.
I wanted a fish-eye for a long time but didn't want to stump up the coin for something that is only for fun, but at $139 I figured why not.

The lens looks good and images through the viewfinder look great, and fully manual operation is no problem for me either, but when I mount the lens on the camera, it won't take a photo!
I've switched off all the peripheral nonsense, but I can't find the menu item that allows you to take pictures without a lens on, and obviously, the camera thinks there is no lens on it.

Anyone have any experience with using fully manual lenses on the M5 or M6?
You need to tweak CFn II (shoot w/o lens).

Upvote 0