MacOS Ventura

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
No problem for me at all. I’m using a Mac Studio with the M1 Max. I did get some error messages about some startup items not loading. They must have been old versions that are not needed or were superseded. The programs they supposedly affected all seem to run just fine. Since I am using the newest model Mac, I should be less likely to have issues with the current OS than maybe older machines.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Uneventful (as in good) update to Ventura on 2022 MacBook Pro 14" 16GB 1TB (low end) M1

EDIT: technically there is no such thing as a 2022 MacBook Pro 14". My device is a 2021 MacBook Pro 14"...(!).

Twenty years ago I never would have made this sort of unforgivable ;) error...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Honestly, I’ve never had an issue with a MacOS upgrade. I will caveat that statement noting that I typically do not apply the X.0 update, I usually wait for at least the X.0.1 or X.1 to be released.

I thought I had an issue updating to Monterey. I had a pair of 2019 16” Intel MBPs that were identical except one was silver and the other space gray. The silver one would not apply the update, it failed at various points but never completed. Turned out that was my one Apple hardware failure – a bad RAM module.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0