Magic Lantern Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am a beginner that is learning new things every time i carry out my 550D.

I am currently learning to take time lapse photos and downloaded magic lantern. There don't seem to have a very good guide with ML. Please bare with my stupid questions.

1) How do i change the time setting in the intervalometer? It's default at 2 seconds and i can't figure out how to change it.

2) The ML wiki states "To make a timelapse without increasing shutter count, do not use the intervalometer; instead, set FPS override to a very low value (for example, 3fps) and start recording." How do I set it? I can't find the FPS setting.

3) The ML wiki states "When using the intervalometer in LiveView with "noisy" mode, your shutter will wear twice as fast than outside LiveView." What is noisy mode? I don't want my camera to 'die' too soon.

Thanks in advance.

T

Tijn

gngan said:
3) The ML wiki states "When using the intervalometer in LiveView with "noisy" mode, your shutter will wear twice as fast than outside LiveView." What is noisy mode? I don't want my camera to 'die' too soon.
I'm not sure, but they could be referring to the non-silent mode. In live mode, there are 2 "silent" modes of shooting - at least on my camera (60D). The first silent mode simply delays the re-opening of the shutter a bit, and the second silent mode delays the re-opening of the shutter to until you release the shutter. You can also "disable" silent mode shooting. Perhaps that's what they refer to as "noisy" mode (it would explain the quotation marks, as it's a somewhat silly name for that 'mode').

Upvote 0
M

Minnesota Nice

gngan said:
Thank you Minnesota Nice. What's function are you using with ML?

Tijn: How do you choose the 'silent mode'? What's the point of this mode?

I am surprise that not a lot of people uses ML because it adds a lot of functions to your camera.

I use a lot of the video functions, follow focus, zebra, cropmarks, etc.

But I like the time lapse and long exposure features, saves me from having to buy a cable release. I also like the quick zoom/delete functions. Just makes the process much faster for me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.