Massive refurbished gear sale at Canon USA

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like Canon USA is getting rid of some stock with some amazing deals on select gear, we haven’t seen prices like this in a very long time. Canon EOS R Cameras Canon RF Lenses Canon DSLR Canon EOS M Cameras All refurbished gear from the Canon USA store come with a full 1-year

See full article...

The EOS R and grip and bag for $900? How is that still available with how amazing that deal is!?
I saw that and hovered over it for quite some time. I couldn't figure out why I would need it but knew deals like that don't come around often. I spent a month debating the 85 and 50 earlier this year, bought the 85 1.2 and ended up getting the 50 1.2 during this sale anyway. The deal is really good.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Linteria

EF-M Evangelist
Oct 23, 2020
Unfortunately, the canon site keeps logging me out and reporting that my login information is not associated with the store. Even if I log in, when I go to the cart, it logs me back out. lol, I guess I should take that as a sign that my holiday shopping is done. :)
Does the same for me. Has done for months now.

Upvote 0

Madbox

CR Pro
Sep 5, 2020
Portland, OR
Canon EOS M6 mkII will soon be in my kit. I\'m totally bummed they\'re probably discontinuing this line for some nice, but unwieldy APS-C R series cameras and heavy glass. I\'m not passing up an opportunity to extend my use of the M series a little bit longer. Eventually I\'ll have to move on from this path of consumer back stabbing Canon has chosen and invest in a competitor, but not today.

Upvote 0
The EOS R and grip and bag for $900? How is that still available with how amazing that deal is!?
Would you rather recommend refurbished R for 899 or R6 for 2000+ or R5 for 3300+ ?
(plus a 10% canon upgrade discount for any one of these models)?
I don't really care about the R grip and sling bag... (although it is great value - I am not a professional and with my casual shooting, I think just an extra battery in my bag is good enough for me).

My main reason for confusion is IBIS in R6/R5 or the high MP in R5.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Would you rather recommend refurbished R for 899 or R6 for 2000+ or R5 for 3300+ ?
(plus a 10% canon upgrade discount for any one of these models)?
I don't really care about the R grip and sling bag... (although it is great value - I am not a professional and with my casual shooting, I think just an extra battery in my bag is good enough for me).

My main reason for confusion is IBIS in R6/R5 or the high MP in R5.
The R5 deal is not that amazing, but it is the best camera.
The EOS R is the best deal.
If you are not a professional then it really does not matter which camera you get.

Upvote 0
The R5 deal is not that amazing, but it is the best camera.
The EOS R is the best deal.
If you are not a professional then it really does not matter which camera you get.
Thanks for your input!
Should be getting my R delivered tomorrow. Will try it out and decide.
In the worst case will have to pay the cost of shipping back to Canon if I don’t like it.

Upvote 0