Micro four DoF and lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pharp

kubelik said:
pharp said:
kubelik said:
unfortunately, AF with the speed booster is slower than using the EOS M, according to Roger Cicala. so maybe a fruitless pursuit after all.

Don't know that I care about AF with a lens at f/0.5 - what would it possibly fix on? I'm thinking MF w/liveview. Agreed, not for every lens, but I would really go for a 24mm (eq FF FOV) f/1

well, I know if I were using a 24mm f/1.4 L on a full frame DSLR, I'd certainly expect its autofocus to work

AF from 5 feet from subject at f/1.4? I'm skeptical you'd get any kind of shot that makes sense.

Upvote 0
For subjects at close distance, the primes can produce nice background blur. The lack of very large aperture lenses is just in keeping with m43 philosophy of small and light. For a similar reason, there are no large aperture longer lenses. But overall, it is a good compromise system. It just needs a few more tweaks of the AF speed and a reasonably priced, high quality 300mm f/2.8.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Hillsilly said:
For subjects at close distance, the primes can produce nice background blur. The lack of very large aperture lenses is just in keeping with m43 philosophy of small and light. For a similar reason, there are no large aperture longer lenses. But overall, it is a good compromise system. It just needs a few more tweaks of the AF speed and a reasonably priced, high quality 300mm f/2.8.

With the 4/3 to micro 4/3 adaptor.... http://olympuscanada.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_product.asp?id=1328

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.