Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<strong>Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications</strong> (Google Translated)</p>
<ul>
<li>Number of effective pixels: 26.2 million pixels (total number of pixels: 27.1 million pixels)</li>
<li>DIGIC 7</li>
<li>45 points AF – All Crosstype</li>
<li>Dual pixel CMOS AF</li>
<li>7560 pixels RGB + IR metering sensor</li>
<li>Viewfinder: 98% coverage</li>
<li>Viewfinder magnification: 0.71x</li>
<li>Continuous: Up to 6.5 frames / sec (up to about 4 frames / sec when servo AF is set for Live View shooting)</li>
<li>Standard ISO: 100 – 40000 (extended ISO: 50 [L], 51200 [H 1], 102400 [H 2])</li>
<li>Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 seconds</li>
<li>Sync Speed 1/180</li>
<li>Video: Full HD 60p</li>
<li>5 Axis Electronic Image Stabilization</li>
<li>Time lapse movie (4K output)</li>
<li>Anti-flicker</li>
<li>Wi-Fi</li>
<li>Bluetooth</li>
<li>NFC</li>
<li>GPS</li>
<li>Electronic level</li>
<li>Battery: LP-E6N / LP-E6</li>
<li>Number of pictures per charge: Approx. 1200 pictures (when viewfinder shooting)</li>
<li>Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-I card compatible)</li>
<li>Size: 144.0 x 110.5 x 74.8 mm</li>
<li>Weight: 685 g (body only), 765 g (including battery and SD card)</li>
<li>Kit lens: “EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM”, “EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM”, “EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM”</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
pwp said:
Canon Rumors said:
5 Axis Electronic Image Stabilization
Errrm, are we talking IBIS here? If so, I'm genuinely excited, not just for this camera but for future Canon releases too.

-pw

It'll be the same as other recently Canon cameras, for video only.

Upvote 0
nightscape123 said:
How can canon possibly justify uhs1 in 2017. There is no reason for that except to deliberately cripple the camera. I guess this is their way of preventing ML from making the camera useful.

Surely Canon decided that UHS-1 was all that was needed for the data rate of 6.5FPS stills or 1080p60 video (at whatever bitrate it will be).

Why use anything else if it's not required?

Upvote 0
Has there been any mention on the overlay in the viewfinder? When I first moved from the 7D to the 6D I really missed the customisable grid lines the 7D has in the see-through LCD screen in the view finder.

I solved that by getting the focusing screen for the 6D, which has the grid lines permanently in the viewfinder. I'd love it if the 6DII would have the 7D LCD solution.

Upvote 0
Attero said:
I cant belive it still has only UHS-I interface, thats to sad. With UHS-II ML could unleash the beast out of the 6d2. Lets just hope that the new sensor have some major SNR improvments over the last on, at least 1 Stop or so.

Thats aside, for 1999$ starting price its seems to be a realy nice FF entry camera.
ML never works on Dual Pixel cameras.
just forget it

Upvote 0
On the stills front that is a pretty wonderful spec list, and, like the 6D1, there are a few notable advantages over the 5D Mark IV.

1) Higher native ISO range (40K vs 32K)
2) Ability to output 4K timelapses + 5 axis stabilization + articulating screen (video advantages)
3) A bit more connectivity (Bluetooth)

I suspect there is the potential for better low light performance (like the 6D vs 5D3), and we finally have a more fully featured autofocus system in this camera. If the sensor is good (and I suspect it will be), this will be a great camera for most everyone save those who need 4K video. Keeping the price sub $2000 USD is a positive surprise, considering that they didn't handicap this camera as much as the 6D.

Differentiators appear to be shutter speed, flash sync speed, AF is one tier down, 1080 vs 4K, and a single card slot. 6.5 FPS vs 7 FPS isn't a real world difference, but I wouldn't be surprised if the buffer is a little deeper on the 5D Mark IV. The big question as to whether or not I'll upgrade my 6D body to this one is if the focus screens can be easily swapped. My guess is no.

Upvote 0
wildwalker said:
nightscape123 said:
How can canon possibly justify uhs1 in 2017. There is no reason for that except to deliberately cripple the camera. I guess this is their way of preventing ML from making the camera useful.

Surely Canon decided that UHS-1 was all that was needed for the data rate of 6.5FPS stills or 1080p60 video (at whatever bitrate it will be).

Why use anything else if it's not required?

UHS-ii would allow unlimited raw buffer at 4 fps and nearly unlimited at 6.5 fps. It is also cheaper to buy uhs ii readers than uhs I. So I know it's not a cost issue. If it comes with unlimited raw buffer then I'll take it back and apologize to canon. If not then it was intentionally crippled

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
ScottyP said:
I can't believe they couldn't give a 1/200th sync speed. If they are at 1/18, and if all their other shutters are 1/200th it seems an unnecessary bit of skimpage ...

All their other shutters with a 1/4000 s max on FF cameras have a 1/180 s Xsync? Well, that's true...even if it applies only to the 6D.

To get a faster Xsync, they'd need to put in a shutter with a motor capable of faster movement, and curtains robust enough to withstand the faster movement. The 5-series have a 1/200 Xsync, and the 1/8000 s max shutter to go with it.

The Rebel/xxxD line has a less robust shutter and 1/4000 s max, but a 1/200 s Xsync...because the curtains don't have as far to travel across an APS-C sensor. The more robust shutter in the 80D and 7-series gets you 1/250 s Xsync with the 1/8000 shutter.

Sure, Canon could avoid the 'unnecessary bit of skimpage' and put in a more robust shutter...avoid unnecessary skimpage and make the body a bit more robust with better sealing, avoid unnecessary skimpage and add a few more AF points...avoid unnecessary skimpage and use a better metering sensor...avoid unnecessary skimpage and add 4K video and s second card slot. And avoid unnecessary skimpage on revenue by charging $3500 for it. Oh, wait...that's the 5DIV. :p

Upvote 0