More Product Confirmations for CP+

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href=""></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="">Tweet</a></div>
<p><strong>UPDATED

</strong>We’ve added a few more products and specs to the list below.</p>
<p>Below are a list of products that will arrive for CP+, an addition to the previous list of gear. I will note the omission of the mentioned entry level DSLR, which may come shortly after CP+.</p>
<ul>
<li>PowerShot G1 X II</li>
<li>EVF-DC1 (External Viewfinder)</li>
<li>WP-DC53 (Water Proof Housing)</li>
<li>PowerShot S200 f/2-3</li>
<li>PowerShot D30</li>
<li>PowerShot SX300 HS 24-300 f/3.5-6.5</li>
<li>PowerShot SX700 HS 24-650 f/3.5-6.5</li>
<li>PowerShot SX800 HS 24-800 f/3.6-6.5</li>
</ul>
<p>We might also see an announcement for the PowerShot SX70 IS. It’ll come with a crazy zoom lens whenever it does arrive.</p>
<ul>
<li>24-2000 f/3.7-8.0</li>
</ul>
<p>More to come.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
slclick said:
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
tron said:
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc?

Actually I believe that the threads relating to 35 L II and the 100-400L II are created twice every quarter. Of course it is usually nothing short of arrant nonsense but it's fun while we are at it!

Back on topic, Canon does seem to giving importance to the compact segment where everyone seems to be losing market share to smartphones. IMHO, it is a losing battle but then they may try some new tech in the compact segment only for it to filter into the DSLR products.

No mirrorless iteration though ... I would have thought of an update to the EOS-M but then probably not.

BTW, what is it with the EVF (External View Finder)? Will this be the same as an Electronic View-Finder? Just wondering whether Canon will release a FW update allowing the flash hotshoe to communicate with the EVF making them usable for DSLRs / EOS-M. That said, I personally wouldn't bother with it unless it gives me focus peaking.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
tron said:
slclick said:
I'm loving this 'Year of the Lens' so far
Do you believe every ... yearly CR thread regarding 35mm 1.4L II, 100-400 L II etc? I don't. They are so obviously nonsense... Sorry CR 99.9% of your site rocks but some specific "new lens" threads of yours belong to the other 0.1% (they are so NL level... )

Tron, I seriously would consider laughing now and then, maybe at least a smile. Helps.

Upvote 0
L

Lichtgestalt

well.. i guess some people think canon should release a new lens every day or week 2014.

and if canon would have announced all lenses in the first 6 weeks of this year they would spend the remaining 10 month complaining that there are no more announcements.

well canon can´t do it right...

really im so sick of reading these brainless and childish complains.... get out... get a job... take photos. :p

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Lichtgestalt said:
well.. i guess some people think canon should release a new lens every day or week 2014.

and if canon would have announced all lenses in the first 6 weeks of this year they would spend the remaining 10 month complaining that there are no more announcements.

really im so sick of reading these brainless and childish complains.... get out... get a job... take photos. :p
I got a new lens a month ago, and I'm still learning how to use it properly....I can't imagine a lens per week... Who would buy that many lenses... and more importantly, how would you carry them? :)

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2012
Lichtgestalt said:

Maybe it's because people were thinking that events like the CP+ are exactly the sort of occasion in which to announce new lenses, especially if you consider that they would start shipping at a later stage.

Anyway... the external EVF is for the G1X2 or will be hotshoe-compatible with other Canon DSLR? It's going to make wonders with manual focus lenses.

Upvote 0

TrabimanUK

In the words of Brian Johnson - "Shoot to thrill!"
Sep 19, 2013
Bristol, England
Don Haines said:
I got a new lens a month ago, and I'm still learning how to use it properly....I can't imagine a lens per week... Who would buy that many lenses... and more importantly, how would you carry them? :)

If one can afford one lens per month, one would use one's staff to carry one's lenses for one ;)

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
TrabimanUK said:
Don Haines said:

If one can afford one lens per month, one would use one's staff to carry one's lenses for one ;)

Say it's not so, someone with a sense of humor!

That was funny T UK

Upvote 0

Sella174

So there!
Mar 19, 2013
Suid-Afrika
traveller said:
"Powershot G1 X II" -could naming get any worse? I guessing it won't be called that.

How about the PowerShot G1 Y?

traveller said:
As for the "EVF-DC1 (External Viewfinder)", I feel like I've entered some sort of timewarp and ended up in 2009, when people may have given a hoot.

Actually, even then nobody gave a hoot ... just ask Panasonic and Olympus.

Upvote 0