MotoGP from Silverstone

First time shooting this event, really good fun... I was envious of the hundreds of 600mm lens' floating about in the speccy areas, my scabby old sigma TC couldn't keep up :(

Here's a very small selection, all shot spectator side with a 5D3 400mm f5.6 and occasionally with a 1.4x

P.S still don't know anything about bikes

1. A Blue and Yellow One...
Scott Reading - Honda by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. An Orange One
Marc Marquez - Honda by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. A Red One
Sam Lowes - Speed Up Racing by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. A Blurry One
Alex Marquez - EG 0,0 Marc VDS by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. A Starey One
Cal Crutchlow - Honda by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. A Contrasty One
Valentino Rossi - Yamaha by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. A Fast One
Jorge Lorenzo - Yamaha by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. A Funny One
Neutral MotoGP Fans by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.. I'll probably post a few more in my Flickr album over the next few days... you can see it here

As always feel free to unleash a harsh critique :D

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
Graphix501 said:
I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever (at least 1 year) for Canon to announce this mythical “reasonably priced” supertele. The other lens in my sights (if I can’t wait on the supertele) is the 400 f5.6L to be used with my 1.4xIII as I struggle to justify the price of a big white considering I’m a hobby shooter. Your photo’s are inspiring me to grab the 400 f5.6 now! I love your photo’s and from the spectators area they are brilliant! I also love the humour in them too ;)
Seeing as how you don’t know about bikes I thought I’d help you out with what limited knowledge I have, they lap Silverstone at around 2 minutes, whereas Formula 1 lap it in 1.30 ;D

Upvote 0
Graphix501 said:
First time shooting this event, really good fun... I was envious of the hundreds of 600mm lens' floating about in the speccy areas, my scabby old sigma TC couldn't keep up :(

Here's a very small selection, all shot spectator side with a 5D3 400mm f5.6 and occasionally with a 1.4x

Scott Reading - Honda
Excellent shots Jonny, although I do believe that Mr Scott Redding would prefer to keep his surname ;)

You didn't catch any of the crashers (there were plenty)? How about the British Home-Boy-Hero of the Day, Danny Kent?

Stewart K said:
Seeing as how you don’t know about bikes I thought I’d help you out with what limited knowledge I have, they lap Silverstone at around 2 minutes, whereas Formula 1 lap it in 1.30 ;D
They might, but the Formula 1 cars make those 1.30 seem like an eternity, that's how boring it is. With MotoGP and Moto2/3 classes, you can have riders switch position 2-3 times in a single corner. Oh, and wet races always produce excitement and plenty of crashing riders :)

Upvote 0
kaihp said:
Graphix501 said:

Scott Reading - Honda
Excellent shots Jonny, although I do believe that Mr Scott Redding would prefer to keep his surname ;)

You didn't catch any of the crashers (there were plenty)? How about the British Home-Boy-Hero of the Day, Danny Kent?

Stewart K said:
They might, but the Formula 1 cars make those 1.30 seem like an eternity, that's how boring it is. With MotoGP and Moto2/3 classes, you can have riders switch position 2-3 times in a single corner. Oh, and wet races always produce excitement and plenty of crashing riders :)

Haha whoops... fixed now thanks :) , take a look at flickr put a Kent shot up today :)

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, really appreciate it :D

Upvote 0