NEW 5D Mark III Outdoor Video Test

bp

Jun 1, 2011
2 HUGE problems with this test.

1) You only used one camera. You didn't do a side by side comparison with each shot against the D800? What gives?

2) You're actually out shooting something in the real world. You should be in a ridiculous situation, or shooting test charts in your mom's basement.

;D I kid, of course. After OD'ing on nothing but annoying fanboy peeing contest threads around here... it's becoming so that I can't even watch something like this without thinking "I wonder how the 5d2 or 7D or D800 woulda handled that wood grain at :54 - haha. A simple real-world, "hey check this out" is very refreshing!!!

Upvote 0
R

Rod Guajardo

bp said:
2 HUGE problems with this test.

1) You only used one camera. You didn't do a side by side comparison with each shot against the D800? What gives?

2) You're actually out shooting something in the real world. You should be in a ridiculous situation, or shooting test charts in your mom's basement.

;D I kid, of course. After OD'ing on nothing but annoying fanboy peeing contest threads around here... it's becoming so that I can't even watch something like this without thinking "I wonder how the 5d2 or 7D or D800 woulda handled that wood grain at :54 - haha. A simple real-world, "hey check this out" is very refreshing!!!

Bp, I read the first line of your post and was like, "ohhhh, oh here it comes...". Thanks for watching and your post!

Upvote 0
R

Rod Guajardo

RuneL said:
Very nicely done, I must say, did you use a glidetrack? What in camera "picture processing"settings did you use?

Thanks for the watch!

Hi RuneL,
I used a IndisliderMini (which I don't recommend) for the first 2 shots. In camera, I started with the Neutral Picture Style, modified with Stu's recommended settings below:

Start with the Neutral Picture Style
Set Sharpness to zero—all the way to the left
Set Contrast all the way to the left
Set Saturation two notches to the left

Hope this helps,
Rod

Upvote 0