New 5DMKIII with a problem, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I bought this camera yesterday with the new 3 S/N and i thing with a problem in dial selector. Is imposible to select [A+] intelligent scene, in this mode continues displaying P in display, and modes C1,C2 and C3 are blocked, cant program and delete them. In C1 mode P are displayed too and in modes C2 and C3, C3p are displayed. :'(

Is the dial selector broken?? the " clicks" of the dial sounds good.

Thanks all.

Apr 26, 2012
Im very new with digital SRL cameras as well as digital photography. I got a 5dMKiii 15 days ago and spent 10 days just for carefully learning the manual and praticing the camera. There is no problem with me, so I thinhk 99% problems come from the user not the camera itself. My first officially shots with the 5DMKiii were at Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary event last Sunday.

Attachments

• GGB 75th Anni-1-.jpg
    GGB 75th Anni-1-.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 822
  • GGB 75th Anni-2-1.jpg
    GGB 75th Anni-2-1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 808
  • GGB 75th Anni-3.jpg
    GGB 75th Anni-3.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 880
Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
djwave said:
Hi all,

I bought this camera yesterday with the new 3 S/N and i thing with a problem in dial selector. Is imposible to select [A+] intelligent scene, in this mode continues displaying P in display, and modes C1,C2 and C3 are blocked, cant program and delete them. In C1 mode P are displayed too and in modes C2 and C3, C3p are displayed. :'(

Is the dial selector broken?? the " clicks" of the dial sounds good.

Thanks all.

What do you mean C1, C2, and C3 are blocked? And when you say you can't program them, how exactly are you going about doing that? Look you have to go to manual mode and set up whatever settings you want, then register settings to C1. Then repeat for C2 and C3. I think they are all set to "P" by default. As for the auto intelligent thing, I don't know anyone that uses that so I couldn't tell you.

Upvote 0
djwave said:
Is imposible to select [A+] intelligent scene, in this mode continues displaying P in display
Definitely a problem. You should have it repaired!

Sony said:
Im very new with digital SRL cameras as well as digital photography. I got a 5dMKiii 15 days ago and spent 10 days just for carefully learning the manual and praticing the camera. There is no problem with me, so I thinhk 99% problems come from the user not the camera itself. My first officially shots with the 5DMKiii were at Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary event last Sunday.
Yes good job mate but what does your story have to do with topic starter's problem? You suggest that being unable to go to A+ intel.scene mode is a user error?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.