New EOS M camera specifications [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
There has been a lot of chatter about new EOS M cameras coming in 2020, but we still haven’t nailed down what exactly is on the horizon.
Below are specifications I have been sent for an upcoming EOS M camera, though the source didn’t know if this was the EOS M50 Mark II or an M camera above the EOS M6 Mark II.
Canon EOS M camera specifications:

32mp
IBIS
DPAF II
New DIGIC Processor (perhaps a lesser version of DIGIC X?)
EVF
Dual SD Cards
12fps
Full sensor width 4K up to 60p
1080p at 120p
CLog

There seems to be a lot of overlapping information with cameras at the moment, I’m not sure if that’s by design by the powers that be.
Announcement dates are unknown at this time and may not even be decided yet by Canon has they deal with supply chain and manufacturing issues.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 381342

With the Digic X I am sure there are plenty of parts that don't meet the spec that can become a lower speed part for a APSC. Though, I think at this point they need to put the best processor and best EVF into every camera to really push them. People using any Canon EVF should feel like it is the best experience ever and if they upgrade they know they'll be getting the best EVF and AF performance possible. Cut out the lag and dispel peoples distrust of the EVF.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

docsmith

CR Pro
Sep 17, 2010
I have really taken to my M6 II. Great little camera. I do use it as my main video camera, so IBIS would be tempting as would DPAF II. Throw in animal eye AF, and a 10 second buffer and I will likely upgrade. As for the 12 fps (H+), I have noticed that AF while shooting that fast is not as good as "H" mode (~7 fps). So, that is something I would watch.

But, even if I do not upgrade, I would love a higher end general purpose and telephoto zooms that are still smallish.

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
A adaptor would not be a simple device, it would need optics and some way to convert the M lens communications to RF. The lens to sensor distance for a RF lens is shorter than the M, so a simple tube is impossible. I don't think Canon would produce one, because the additional optics would affect IQ which is not something users would want.

They could certainly do some kind of speedbooster-device but it would be complex and expensive. It'd almost certainly not work with older (eg current) bodies without some serious firmware update either.

I think an RF->EF-M adaptor is something that people think they want, but when it would actually come to using it, they'd probably not use it much.

An APS-C RF body would be a specific niche product mostly for birders etc who want to use the new RF long lenses. I don't think there's much crossover with the current EF-M market who want a powerful lightweight camera with lightweight lenses. A more upmarket model for this market makes sense.

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Whenever I'm travelling, if I find a camera store and try and stop in. None of them have ever had a single EOS M camera to show me. I'm intrigued by their size and could adapt my EF glass to it. But not willing to buy one sight unseen. I know they are bigger sellers outside of the US, so maybe less of an issue there. Just makes me wonder how committed to this market Canon really is. Seems like quite committed, given the amount of development still going on.

Brian

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0