Nikon d7100 might be annonced next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2012
AB
Apop said:
I am curious to see what these crop bodies will be packing, it will give some indication to what we can expect in a 7d/d300(s) successor
ditto. I'm hoping a 7d2 will arrive this summer as I already dumped my 7d for IQ reasons. Miss the speed and AF and I don't have the long glass for Nikon that I do for Canon otherwise I'd try that next new Nikon whatever semi-pro crop-body.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
Apop said:
I am curious to see what these crop bodies will be packing, it will give some indication to what we can expect in a 7d/d300(s) successor

I don't think Canon's product line will be influenced by what Nikon makes in the short run. If at all the 7D2 is to be released this year, it will only be undergoing fine tuning / final touches. IMHO, it will be extremely unlikely that it will add to the camera something new which comes up in the Nikons variants. If

its a cosmetic change or a gimmick like the GPS, maybe Canon will feel compelled to add it but nothing major.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Apop said:
A 7d2 is also on my list.., I am not i a hurry but wouldnt mind one either :)

Any chance they put the 5d3 autofocus system in the 7d successor?, an improved sensor(less noisy then the 7d) and 8-10 fps would make me buy one :D

My guess....not likely. A 7D successor may have increased megapixels(likely 20 tot 22), one stop better noise reduction, fps still around 8, new menu with presets like 1Dx.....but this all is a guess

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
Apop said:
Any chance they put the 5d3 autofocus system in the 7d successor?

The af arrays for full frame and aps-c are quite different, no chance of a straight port from the 5d3.

J.R. said:
I don't think Canon's product line will be influenced by what Nikon makes in the short run.

Imho the opposite is true - just with the d600/6d Canon will make sure the d7100 competitor (i.e the 70d) will have at least some appeal, just like the "one good feature" 6d has with the low light af center point.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
Marsu42 said:
Apop said:
Any chance they put the 5d3 autofocus system in the 7d successor?

The af arrays for full frame and aps-c are quite different, no chance of a straight port from the 5d3.

J.R. said:
I don't think Canon's product line will be influenced by what Nikon makes in the short run.

Imho the opposite is true - just with the d600/6d Canon will make sure the d7100 competitor (i.e the 70d) will have at least some appeal, just like the "one good feature" 6d has with the low light af center point.

My point was that in the short run it may not be possible for Canon to make any substantial modifications to the 7D2 / 70D beyond what it has already planned. If the 7D2/70D were to be announced within 4-6 months, it must be undergoing the final testing and I doubt whether any modification beyond a cosmetic change and/or a gimmick will be possible.

I agree though that the the 7D2/70D will carry a major upgrade from the current 7D. A superb autofocus, 10 fps, better sensor ... the wishlist goes on

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Freelancer said:
candyman said:
Apop said:
A 7d2 is also on my list.., I am not i a hurry but wouldnt mind one either :)

Any chance they put the 5d3 autofocus system in the 7d successor?, an improved sensor(less noisy then the 7d) and 8-10 fps would make me buy one :D

My guess....not likely. A 7D successor may have increased megapixels(likely 20 tot 22), one stop better noise reduction, fps still around 8, new menu with presets like 1Dx.....but this all is a guess

yep i think we will not see a 7D MK2 anytime soon.. end of the year is my guess.
same 500nm process.. so maximum of 24MP... i say 22 MP.

some noise improvements... but nothing to be excited about.

GPS and WIFI will be in it im pretty sure.

the guys, like me, who are waiting for better image quality at low ISO will have to wait until 2014 and the next FF generation.

GPS & WiFi ......more likely in the 70D. The 7D can make use of the GP-E2, I am sure the successor of the 7D as well

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.