Official Canon EOS 6D Mark II Sample Images and Videos

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Canon Japan has posted some official full resolution image samples from the EOS 6D Mark II, along with some video samples taken with the camera.</p>

<p>All the images are jpg, as we’ll still be waiting a little while longer for big name RAW converters.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos6dmk2/">View all the samples here</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
rfdesigner said:
most images ISO100, one at ISO800

so no high ISO information.

More interestingly.. their very limited number of images includes "bridal" images.. if they think it's a wedding camera.. where's the extra card slot?

I'm amazed they were even able to recover these images with just one card slot ;)

Upvote 0
Thx for posting.

but Wow!
how much more uninteresting could you “design” a collection of pictures containing all but 1 image of ISO 800/400.

Seems the targeted audience for the 2nd installation of the camera degenerated even more to a bunch of casuals maybe even searching for a popup flash for the thingy.

The 6D Mark I sample Gallery had/has an ISO 800 and ISO 1600 shot. Not very revealing either, but still, the Picture-Gallery of the 6DII seems even more thoughtless in regard of showing off the cameras capabilities regarding still images.

can´t w8 to see some reviews maybe at the end of the month.

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
mdflare said:
Thx for posting.

but Wow!
how much more uninteresting could you “design” a collection of pictures containing all but 1 image of ISO 800/400.

Seems the targeted audience for the 2nd installation of the camera degenerated even more to a bunch of casuals maybe even searching for a popup flash for the thingy.

The 6D Mark I sample Gallery had/has an ISO 800 and ISO 1600 shot. Not very revealing either, but still, the Picture-Gallery of the 6DII seems even more thoughtless in regard of showing off the cameras capabilities regarding still images.

Can you imagine if they posted pics at ISOs higher than 800? Every troll and Canon basher would be flooding every forum with comments about the poor DR and high amounts of noise!

Upvote 0
dak723 said:
mdflare said:
Thx for posting.

but Wow!

Can you imagine if they posted pics at ISOs higher than 800? Every troll and Canon basher would be flooding every forum with comments about the poor DR and high amounts of noise!

So what? In 2-3 weeks the camera is going to be available just to anyone anyway. The worst thing is, that those images are mediocre at best and imo doing really a disservice to Canon.

Upvote 0
Dec 11, 2015
-pekr- said:
dak723 said:
mdflare said:
Thx for posting.

but Wow!

So what? In 2-3 weeks the camera is going to be available just to anyone anyway. The worst thing is, that those images are mediocre at best and imo doing really a disservice to Canon.

Those images are straight from the camera JPEGs, I'm not sure what do you expect?

Upvote 0
There are some bad news appearing on the FM forums, re the DR being worse than even 80D and not changed from the original 6D. I guess we will have to wait, but I can't believe Canon would not put an on-chip ADC in there, nor I can believe they would compromise the camera this way. Gee, I have mine on preorder ....

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1497323/25#14098826

Upvote 0
-pekr- said:
There are some bad news appearing on the FM forums, re the DR being worse than even 80D and not changed from the original 6D. I guess we will have to wait, but I can't believe Canon would not put an on-chip ADC in there, nor I can believe they would compromise the camera this way. Gee, I have mine on preorder ....

I've been following this one but not fully up to play with the testing etc. Can anyone give a more informed opinion on the findings?

Upvote 0
ricky_005 said:
output IQ should be about the same as 6D or worst ..... I wouldn't expect much out of the scrooge..... sorry meant Canon.

You cannot tell anything from that one ISO800 image? IQ about the same as 6D or worst (sic)? If only the haters had as much technical knowledge as hate. Open up the shadows and take a look! The color is super clean and very little noise. Seems to me that dynamic range will be closer to 5D Mark IV than 5D Mark III...

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
well, let me tell you those are excellent news and let me explain why:

the buzz:

"... The 6D2 only achieves about 11.9 EV of dynamic range, once scaled to the standard DXO metrics..."

the fact:

Canon 5D IV Photographic Dynamic Range at ISO 100: 10.83 EV
Canon 6D Photographic Dynamic Range at ISO 100: 9.3 EV
Canon 80D Photographic Dynamic Range at ISO 100: 10.06 EV

proof is in the pudding, right here:

http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm

I like 11.9 number better than 10.83.
Seriously. there is no reliable data to draw a conclusion. Relax and wait for DXO people to crunch their numbers first. There is nothing to be concerned about at this stage. enjoy your weekend.

-pekr- said:

Upvote 0
SecureGSM said:

the buzz:

"... The 6D2 only achieves about 11.9 EV of dynamic range, once scaled to the standard DXO metrics..."

the fact:

Seriously. there is no reliable data to draw a conclusion. Relax and wait for DXO people to crunch their numbers first. There is nothing to be concerned about at this stage. enjoy your weekend.

So you take the result of one particular measurement technique, which claims both 11.9EV for the 6D2, as well as 1.7EV decrease against the 5DIV, and throw it against the different technique, where 5DIV has 10.83 value and draw your conclusion? Or is that an irony?

Of course we will have to wait, but with the 6D2 on the preorder, it makes me a bit nervous indeed :)

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I do not believe for a second that DR of 6D II is considerably less than DR of the 5D IV.

-pekr- said:
SecureGSM said:

the buzz:

the fact:

So you take the result of one particular measurement technique, which claims both 11.9EV for the 6D2, as well as 1.7EV decrease against the 5DIV, and throw it against the different technique, where 5DIV has 10.83 value and draw your conclusion? Or is that an irony?

Of course we will have to wait, but with the 6D2 on the preorder, it makes me a bit nervous indeed :)

Upvote 0
SecureGSM said:

the buzz:

the fact:

I'm confused. I want for you to be right, but aren't those two different measurement scales? The link you posted, the DR numbers do not match what dxo reports. And the number in the FM forums was supposedly scaled to dxo. Because according to dxo, the 5D4 clocks in at 13.59, not 10.83, and the 6D at 12.11, not 9.3.

So again, I am confused, if they are scaling it to how dxo does their measurements that would mean its actually worse than the original 6D (though im sure within that margin of error where you would never notice it anyways), not significantly better than the 5D4 that you are claiming here by using a different scale.

So, I don't know what to believe right now, but I have a preorder on the line that I am trying to determine what to do with and its looking more and more like I should cancel it and just wait for actual real reviews before I make this decision about whether the camera is worth the full asking price to me.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I repeat:

Preorder is always a pure gamble. Extreme risk if you will.
If in doubt, cancel you preorder and wait until reliable data became available.

mashuto said:
SecureGSM said:

the buzz:

the fact:

I'm confused. I want for you to be right, but aren't those two different measurement scales? The link you posted, the DR numbers do not match what dxo reports. And the number in the FM forums was supposedly scaled to dxo. Because according to dxo, the 5D4 clocks in at 13.59, not 10.83, and the 6D at 12.11, not 9.3.

So again, I am confused, if they are scaling it to how dxo does their measurements that would mean its actually worse than the original 6D (though im sure within that margin of error where you would never notice it anyways), not significantly better than the 5D4 that you are claiming here by using a different scale.

So, I don't know what to believe right now, but I have a preorder on the line that I am trying to determine what to do with and its looking more and more like I should cancel it and just wait for actual real reviews before I make this decision about whether the camera is worth the full asking price to me.

Upvote 0