ON1 Unveils New ON1 Portrait AI, New ON1 Photo Mobile Features, and Major Upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Portland, OR – September 21, 2020 – ON1, creators of ON1 Photo RAW, release an all-new AI portrait editing application and additional plug-in support, new creative features for ON1 Photo RAW mobile, and unveils the next major upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW & ON1 Photo RAW 360.
The first to arrive today is the all-new ON1 Portrait AI, both as a standalone application and plug-in for Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, Affinity Photo, Corel Paintshop Pro, Apple Photos, with Capture One support coming soon. This new technology uses the latest in machine learning to find every face in portrait photos and make them look fabulous without lifting a finger. Many portrait photographers spend long hours retouching entire shoots before presenting photos to their clients. Other portrait editing software only offers one-off edits, complicated manual controls, steep learning curves, and no way to batch process when dealing with multiple faces in photos...

Continue reading...

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
I really want to like on1 but frustrated where they focus.. not so sure this product is for me anymore. Another 'you need to pay' to upgrade versions and still doesn't address the poor noise control or the horrible camera colour profile for my 80D and no support for the R5 coming. At this point I may as well subscribe to lightroom and I state this having bought every upgrade from 2017

Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
I liked the current ON1 Raw version but it does not support CRaw and until it does is of little use to me and I see no promise of such in any blurb posted...

basically you're cut off from updates now.. it's a new version. Perpetual license but they only minor tweak it for a year then its a new major revision for more cash. Was excited for an alternative to lightroom.... but feels like they focus on gimmicks vs the core functionality like noise control, proper colour profiles etc. meh. Looking at alternatives if anyone has suggestions. Capture One seems intriguing but expensive

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Encourage models to smile, sheesh. She's probably super self conscious about all those freckles but they wouldn't be noticeable if she had a happy expression instead of nearly total blankness.
You've obviously not cracked open a fashion magazine in the past 20 years. That's the look they go for.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Encourage models to smile, sheesh. She's probably super self conscious about all those freckles but they wouldn't be noticeable if she had a happy expression instead of nearly total blankness.

Are you talking about the picture the title is superimposed on? It's showing up so doggone dark I can't see any freckling at all.

Upvote 0