Outside my Comfort Zone

Kernuak said:
Thanks. A judge criticised the lack of catchlights on the first one and suggested that some should be put in, but it wouldn't have suited the mood I wanted to generate. He also criticised the other one for the model not looking at the camera :p.

I would say try to rid of the shadows in the second one, I perfer the look of her looking the other way, we need to diverse our work or we'll all look the same!

Upvote 0
untitled10 said:
Kernuak said:
Thanks. A judge criticised the lack of catchlights on the first one and suggested that some should be put in, but it wouldn't have suited the mood I wanted to generate. He also criticised the other one for the model not looking at the camera :p.

I would say try to rid of the shadows in the second one, I perfer the look of her looking the other way, we need to diverse our work or we'll all look the same!
Thanks, my thoughts exactly, without trying things photography as a whole won't progress. They may not always work as intended, but I think it's important to try out new ideas (even if only new to you). The shadows were deliberate to try to give more of a moody feel, plus he has quite dark hair anyway, so I don't think there is a great deal of detail to pull out (not that I've tried).

Upvote 0