Patent: Canon Application for a New Tilt Screen for the EOS-M

HTML:
<p><a href="https://www.canonnews.com/canon-patent-application-new-tilt-screeen-mechanism-for-eos-m-cameras">Canon News</a> has found a patent detailing a new tilting screen mechanism for the EOS-M cameras. This possibly takes up less room that a full articulating screen, and also doesn’t force you to always have the screen to the side.</p>
<p>Japan Patent Application 2018-054913</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

D

Deleted member 378664

I doubt, it will tilt both ways in one camera body. Just have a look on the different LCD connecting flat ribbon cable leaving the body on the bottom side on the left picture and leaving the body on the left side on the right picture.

EOS-M-tilting Screen.jpg

Regards
Frank

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
slclick said:
docsmith said:
Awww....based on the button configuration and lack of EVF, there you are my M6 II.

I am waiting..... :)

Hopefully it comes with Touch and Drag AF like the M5.

The touch and drag is worth much more to me than the screen movement. I never unfold my M5 screen... it's useless, but the T&G is pure gold.

I'll place my order for a fully articulated screen with T & D.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
slclick said:
docsmith said:
Awww....based on the button configuration and lack of EVF, there you are my M6 II.

The touch and drag is worth much more to me than the screen movement. I never unfold my M5 screen... it's useless, but the T&G is pure gold.

Useless? It's useful to unfold when you have to hold the camera above your head or low down. But, if you never do that I suppose that it is useless for you.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
canonnews said:
<p><a href="https://www.canonnews.com/canon-patent-application-new-tilt-screeen-mechanism-for-eos-m-cameras">Canon News</a> has found a patent detailing a new tilting screen mechanism for the EOS-M cameras. This possibly takes up less room that a full articulating screen, and also doesn’t force you to always have the screen to the side.</p>
<p>Japan Patent Application 2018-054913</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

An articulated screen does not force you to always have the screen to the side......

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
AlanF said:
slclick said:
docsmith said:

Useless? It's useful to unfold when you have to hold the camera above your head or low down. But, if you never do that I suppose that it is useless for you.

To each their own, right? There are many types of photography I do not participate in and those features are useless to me, sure there's another way of putting it, such as "I am sure these features are priceless to others but I have yet to embrace them."

Upvote 0