Pick 2: Your next most desired EF-M lenses

What native EF-M lenses do most desire? (Choose 2)

• Total voters
I wanted a wide to tele zoom when I'm out trekking. I had the EF-S 18-200 but it was huge heavy very slow focus, so it got sold & I've now got a Tamron 18-200 f3.5-6.3.
They make it in 2 versions, one with EF-M mount & one with Sony mount. It's light fast focus, silent & gives super photos.
http://goo.gl/PVlu9C
This together with the EF-M 11-22mm IS covers it apart from macro.
For macro I have an ancient macro Canon FL 50mm f3.5 with life size adapter (from 1965) & use it with a Fotodiox Pro FL to EF-M adapter.

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
I figure if they do more prime lenses such as the 50mm for the EF-M system it would make more sense to future-proof them by making them full-frame compatible.

The EF-M 22mm is somewhat similar to the EF-S 24mm pancake, so there's no reason why a EF-M 50mm couldn't be full-frame compatible for the future even if such a camera doesn't come out for a while. Now, if Canon were being smart they'd launch a 50mm for EF-M to take on the Sony/Zeiss 55mm lens which is stunning, rather than just repackaging the EF 50mm STM style glass for mirrorless.

Similarly, I can't see Canon launching a 24-70 f/2.8 EF-M zoom unless they also aim this at full-frame. And as much as I like it, it's going to be heavy.

An EF-M 17-55 f/2.8 would make more sense for APS-C, but may still be too heavy. Something of a compromise such as a EF-M 17-35 f/2.8-4.0 may be enough

Upvote 0