Please share your most vivid photographs of underwater creatures

Hi,
I shoot for years already quite a lot (thousands) of ornamental fishes, snails, shrimps etc. Here are two examples:

6792152275_1c3bfd8b3d_z.jpg

6792152267_ac62d2ded4_z.jpg

Upvote 0
J

Jeevz

Canon Rumors said:
Blaze said:
Wish I knew what this type of fish is called.

(Canon 7D + 50mm f/1.4 @ f/1.8, 1/200 sec, ISO 500)

Looks like a triggerfish of some kind.

I don't think it is a triggerfish...
Facial markings look like a Maori Wrasse (or Humphead wrasse/napoleon wrasse/napoleon maori wrasse - or any combination of these :) )
I can't see a prominent hump and this looks a lot smaller than the typical adult maori wrasse... perhaps a juvenile one? Or I could be completely wrong and it may be a triggerfish - I haven't looked at fish ID books in a while.

Where did you see the fish? (And very nice photo by the way)

Upvote 0
H

hyptest

Jeevz said:
Canon Rumors said:
Blaze said:
Wish I knew what this type of fish is called.

(Canon 7D + 50mm f/1.4 @ f/1.8, 1/200 sec, ISO 500)

Looks like a triggerfish of some kind.

I don't think it is a triggerfish...
Facial markings look like a Maori Wrasse (or Humphead wrasse/napoleon wrasse/napoleon maori wrasse - or any combination of these :) )
I can't see a prominent hump and this looks a lot smaller than the typical adult maori wrasse... perhaps a juvenile one? Or I could be completely wrong and it may be a triggerfish - I haven't looked at fish ID books in a while.

Where did you see the fish? (And very nice photo by the way)

Yep. That's definitely a juvenile. They tend to get a bit greener and the bump becomes more prominent as they get older. I've spent many dives feeding one in the local aquarium.

Upvote 0