Post-Processing R5 Files Question

Just starting shooting with my R5 and I'm in a bind. Luminar and the old AfterShot Pro don't yet support R5 files, so I'm using DPP. But, it's just incredibly slow. Once I send them to batch post-processing after some tweeks, it's taking 2-5 MINUTES per photo to process on a new LG i7 10th Gen laptop with 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. Any suggestions?

Mar 25, 2011
Just starting shooting with my R5 and I'm in a bind. Luminar and the old AfterShot Pro don't yet support R5 files, so I'm using DPP. But, it's just incredibly slow. Once I send them to batch post-processing after some tweeks, it's taking 2-5 MINUTES per photo to process on a new LG i7 10th Gen laptop with 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. Any suggestions?
Do you have the dual pixel raw option turned on in camera? It sends info from both sides of the pixel for processing. There are some other options in DPP that can take a lot of processing time as well.

Use the batch convert to tiff in DPP and process it in your familiar software.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Same experience here with DPP. Do either of your applications support DNG format? I've been converting to DNG and importing those into Lightroom or working with them in Capture One.

Upvote 0