Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Richard.
I really like the first shot, just a tiny bit of movement giving it a sort of surreal or spooky feeling, but keeping enough detail to see what it was.
I'm afraid that the second and third have my marmite vote. I do not like them at all, they are too busy(?) but then that is only my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.
Perhaps I'm just not able to see the artistic intention. :)

Cheers, Graham.

rcarca said:
Autumn is the time for ICM in my mind, so here are three to get the ball rolling

When you go down to the woods tonight... by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Under the beach tree by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Lakeside reflection by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

I would love critique - I know they are marmite - but feedback would be great! Let's see some more...

Richard

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi hgraf.
Interesting look, I'm curious as to how long your drive home was, there doesn't seem to be as much blown out as I would expect, or was a lot of your journey away from lighting? Also I'm wondering what caused the blue lines?

Cheers, Graham.

hgraf said:
Both camera and subjects moved during this shot of me driving home from work one day (left the shutter open during the whole drive)

Upvote 0

rcarca

Amateur, Enthusiast, Canonphile
Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me
Valvebounce said:
Hi Richard.
I really like the first shot, just a tiny bit of movement giving it a sort of surreal or spooky feeling, but keeping enough detail to see what it was.
I'm afraid that the second and third have my marmite vote. I do not like them at all, they are too busy(?) but then that is only my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.
Perhaps I'm just not able to see the artistic intention. :)

Cheers, Graham.

Graham - I knew they would be marmite, so I am pleased you like one of them (which happens to be my favourite to - but it is a composite as well...) There is a fine balance between not having enough and having too much movement. Printed big they are pretty darn impressive on the wall - IMO!!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Richard

Upvote 0

rcarca

Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me
JonAustin said:
Hmm, "marmite," learned a new word today.

I don't dislike any of them, but really like the first the best. I've never tried this kind of photography; most of mine are UCM! Thanks for sharing.

Marmite: a yeast spread that people put on bread or toast and you either love it or hate it!!!

Thanks Jon for looking and commenting!

Richard

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Jon.
Marmite, highly concentrated dregs from brewing beer, (akaleft over brewers yeast) tastes very salty.
I you want more Wikipedia can serve up more information about it than you ever wanted to know.

Cheers, Graham.

JonAustin said:
Hmm, "marmite," learned a new word today.

I don't dislike any of them, but really like the first the best. I've never tried this kind of photography; most of mine are UCM! Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
Trolley in rain, Zurich. Canon 1N with Ektar 100 (film scan).

Giraffe running at night, Phoenix Zoo. Canon 5D2, ISO 6400 (it was much darker than it looks).

Lightning storm while driving on Interstate 10 between Phoenix and Tucson. Canon 5D2 on dash, ISO 100.

Attachments

• C18 9A.Jpg
    C18 9A.Jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 872
  • giraffe 9295.JPG
    giraffe 9295.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 878
  • lightning I-10 3476.JPG
    lightning I-10 3476.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 864
Upvote 0

rcarca

Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me
MrFotoFool said:

Giraffe running at night, Phoenix Zoo. Canon 5D2, ISO 6400 (it was much darker than it looks).

Lightning storm while driving on Interstate 10 between Phoenix and Tucson. Canon 5D2 on dash, ISO 100.

I like those!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
MrFotoFool said:

Cool shots. I especially like the first one. Well done. :)

Upvote 0
Here's an intentional camera movement with a tripod, loose ball head and a 1/2 second exposure to create an abstract effect:
7000589704_e98b5705ba_b.jpg

Here's a zoom burst effect using a similar technique:
16343249282_7df5fe77ab_b.jpg

This image is a camera rotation and zoom burst during a long exposure:
26828459965_3c5047888b_b.jpg

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
GMCPhotographics said:
Here's an intentional camera movement with a tripod, loose ball head and a 1/2 second exposure to create an abstract effect:

I really like your pictures. Especially the first and second one. Well done :)

Upvote 0

rcarca

Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me
Click said:
GMCPhotographics said:

I really like your pictures. Especially the first ans second one. Well done :)

Me too! Great photographs.

Upvote 0