Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
You can now preorder the brand new Canon EOS RP and various kits from our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama. Ordering through Adorama helps us immensely, and costs you nothing.

Canon EOS RP Body w/EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter $1299
Canon EOS RP w/EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter $1699
Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS, EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter $2199

You can read the official announcement here.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
This is going to be fantastic for my second camera needs. I am pre ordering. This and the 24-7- f2 will be in my bag always.
NOTE to Canon Guy: It says above it comes with Extension Grip. But the link does not show that. What am I missing? Thx

It does below the Canon Mount Adapter on the product page, you have to pick your colour.preorder.png

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
This is going to be fantastic for my second camera needs. I am pre ordering. This and the 24-7- f2 will be in my bag always.
NOTE to Canon Guy: It says above it comes with Extension Grip. But the link does not show that. What am I missing? Thx
Thank you kind sir. This camera will sell like mad I believe! A light full frame camera with superb lens choices. Well done Canon.
Wow! Grip extension and adapter for free. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
The biggest surprise is that this is much less stripped down than I expected. UHSII, mic/headphone jacks, 4K, Eye-AF CAF... In fact, it really is fully featured for its price point especially given how conservative Canon has been in the last few years. Although I'm not looking for an entry level body at this point, this bodes very well for the R flagship this year, especially with confirmation of IBIS around the corner.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
This! I will be selling my Sony a7III (whaaaat?!) to use an EOS RP instead. The Sony has been great, but it's overkill as a second camera, particularly because I don't shoot video, plus I'm way too used to Canon's intuitive UI. It looks like the EOS RP will be extremely compact, which is what I need for my street photography needs. Can't wait! I've never pre-ordered anything before, so hope the initial reviews won't contain anything egregious :D
How much for your a7iii? Lbs

Upvote 0