Problem with R7

Hello. Yesterday I was taking photos at high speed with several flashes with the R7 and at one point the viewfinder turned off. The screen was also off. Turn off the camera and turn it back on and nothing, dead. I took out the battery and reinserted it and it started and kept working. The truth is quite annoying when it happens and taking photos misses an opportunity. It's the first time it's happened to me after 7000 photos. Has something like this happened to anyone with the R7? I know that R5 is famous for freezing

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Sounds very similar to the issues my R5 and R3 have had. It has gotten a little better with each firmware release. Unless it occurs frequently I would not bother returning it. The next one might be worse. I’m reconciled to living with it. Sometimes just opening the battery door will reset it without having to remove the battery.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Sounds very similar to the issues my R5 and R3 have had. It has gotten a little better with each firmware release. Unless it occurs frequently I would not bother returning it. The next one might be worse. I’m reconciled to living with it. Sometimes just opening the battery door will reset it without having to remove the battery.
Yes. Sending it back after one freeze would be ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0