Question on Rokinon MF 14mm RF lens

I purchased a used lens and the dial just in front of the aperture control (where it has the triangle to mark what aperture number is set) spins freely. The aperture control works and clicks in place fine, but obviously since the indicator dial spins freely, it's difficult to know exactly what aperture number you're on. Is this normal, or is there a way to fix it in place? I can return it to the seller still, but if it's an easy fix, I'll do it myself

Mar 25, 2011
There are a number of posts from people with the same issue on Rokinon lenses, its not confined to just one model.

My experience with Rokinon has not been good, I got one with awful optics. Check the optics out carefully to make sure the image is good. I expect that there will be lots of Black Friday deals on Rokinon, so depending on what you paid, if its not right, return it. With Rokinon, having a warranty is a good idea.

Taking it apart to try and fix it can result in losing the tiny ball bearing that gives it its click.

Just return it is my advice. They are $400 new and likely to go lower next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0