Question, Sir/ Madame. Video Frame speed ?

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear great teachers and friends.
Another question about Video.
Long, long times ago, I use to shoot the move, start from 8 MM, Super 8, VHS. Camcorder----Just shoot with out thinking, and let the movie camera do the job.
Now , for my DSLR ---I just shoot the Video by 5D MK II , just 1 time past many years. Now, I watch the Youtube of New Canon 1DX MK II / review, which can shoot Video at 100 FPS. rate and Have the " G.A.S. " illness.
Yes, Sir, Madame---I read the CR. great article about Speed of Video VIA. type of shooting.
Mr. Mkabi give me a great ideas :
"What kind of look are you going for???
Documentary, real feel? Or Cinematic look?
If its Documentary style, shoot everything in 1080/30p.
If its Cinematic look then shoot everything in 1080/24p."

The question are : My 5D MK II, 7D , 7D MK II and My 5D SR. can shoot at 23.98 FPS, 25 FPS., 29.97 FPS, 59.94 FPS, And The new 1Dx MK II can shoot 100 FPS.----Yes, The High speed such as 60 FPS and 100 FPS = What for ?
If I would like to have the slow motion movie---Can I shoot at 60 FPS or 100 FPS, and play on TV. Monitor, or Computer Monitor that play 25 FPS or 30 FPS. Only and display in Slow Motion movie style ??
Thank you Sir/ Madame.
Surapon.

Dear friend Surapon.

The current standards of resolution: 480 lines, 720 lines, 1080 lines (Full HD) and 2160 lines (4K).
The standard frame rate for video display are 24 FPS for cinemas and theaters (unchanged for nearly a century); 25 FPS for the TV sets in the countries of Europe and the Middle East; and 30 FPS for the TV sets in the rest of the planet.

Computer monitors are capable of displaying video with more than 30 FPS, although the human eye does not notice any improvement to it.

But then, what is the use of modes 60 FPS, 120 FPS, 240 FPS?
They serve only to record, and then potential requires decrease the display speed for one of the patterns (24, 25, 30 FPS).

By reducing 60 to 30, it creates a motion slow with 1/2 of real speed. Reduce 120 to 30, it creates a motion slow with 1/4 of real speed. Reduce 240 to 30, you create a motion slow 1/8 of real speed.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
ajfotofilmagem said:
But then, what is the use of modes 60 FPS, 120 FPS, 240 FPS?
They serve only to record, and then potential requires decrease the display speed for one of the patterns (24, 25, 30 FPS).

By reducing 60 to 30, it creates a motion slow with 1/2 of real speed. Reduce 120 to 30, it creates a motion slow with 1/4 of real speed. Reduce 240 to 30, you create a motion slow 1/8 of real speed.

A lot of footage of birds flying is slowed down. At real speed they don't look very majestic at all, and you get some interesting effects when viewing fast wing flapping, like all of a sudden it looks like the bird has 2 or 3 sets of wings.....by slowing things down it looks a lot more normal....

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
surapon said:
Long, long times ago, I use to shoot the move, start from 8 MM, Super 8, VHS. Camcorder----Just shoot with out thinking, and let the movie camera do the job.
Now , for my DSLR ---I just shoot the Video by 5D MK II , just 1 time past many years. Now, I watch the Youtube of New Canon 1DX MK II / review, which can shoot Video at 100 FPS. rate and Have the " G.A.S. " illness.
Yes, Sir, Madame---I read the CR. great article about Speed of Video VIA. type of shooting.

The question are : My 5D MK II, 7D , 7D MK II and My 5D SR. can shoot at 23.98 FPS, 25 FPS., 29.97 FPS, 59.94 FPS, And The new 1Dx MK II can shoot 100 FPS.----Yes, The High speed such as 60 FPS and 100 FPS = What for ?
If I would like to have the slow motion movie---Can I shoot at 60 FPS or 100 FPS, and play on TV. Monitor, or Computer Monitor that play 25 FPS or 30 FPS. Only and display in Slow Motion movie style ??
Thank you Sir/ Madame.
Surapon.

lol, thanks for calling me out.
I had G.A.S. last night too. And, worse than you... I put in a deposit for a RED Raven...
Kinda excited, kinda scared of the bill... kinda scared what my wife will think when I tell her...
hahaha... *this is an excited, nervous laugh*

If you like slow-motion, which is what I love too...
My friend, you need to look up Twixtor. Of course, it isn't the best tool for slow-motion, but given the limitation of the cameras available... Twixtor will give you a leg-up under certain circumstances and when used correctly.

This was my first eye candy video for slow-motion (done with Twixtor):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMoJ7jl4sw&feature=related

Note that was done in 2010 on the original 7D.

This is my current eye candy for slow motion (also done with Twixtor, but with a Sony Camera):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIAmN65DvKU&nohtml5=False

For some reason, slow motion adds an extra dimension to the cinematic feel.
Also, don't think that now you have Twixtor, its the best solution for your slow-motion needs... it lowers resolution and there is a lot of warping.... some people hate it.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Vintage Cinema was shot at 24 FPS, but high end film cinema cameras use a rotary disk shutter so all this stuff about FPS is simplified, its actually more complex. While 23.978 FPS is still used when the flickering video effect is wanted, shutter angle is still a standard in Cinema even though many digital movie cameras no longer have the rotary disk.

Here is a frame grab from a show being filmed. Note it has the FPS in the top left corner, the angle just to the right of it, lens information, battery information, all kinds of useful information. Its fuzzy as frame grabs often are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_disc_shutter

Attachments

• GAME_OF_THRONES_S05_e11_A Day in The Life.jpg
    GAME_OF_THRONES_S05_e11_A Day in The Life.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
Hello Surapon,
Since this thread hasn't picked up speed, I guess I will step up to explain a few things. And, I owe you that explanation, because you quoted me, and I didn't want you to run around with false information.

First, Canon DSLRs does do 23.98 FPS, 25 FPS., 29.97 FPS, 59.94 FPS... possibly 50 FPS and 120FPS (I think I'm rounding up with that last number; I'm just going to round up all the numbers from now on), and it depends on the cameras. I believe the Canon 80D, 7D mark 2, and the 1DC are the only cameras in the EOS line up right now that can do 1080p at up to 60 FPS; and only the 1DX mark 2 can do DCI 4K at 60p and can go up to 1080p at 120 FPS. Lets avoid talk about the other cinema cameras....

Now lets organize the different frame rates in terms of encoding systems. So all of North America, the top part of South America, and a few other countries use NTSC. Most European countries and Asian coutries use PAL.
NTSC frame rates are 24, 30, 60 & 120.
Whereas PAL uses 25, 50 & 100.
It gets more deeper than that, but for general purposes, if you record in NTSC and then go overseas and its not working on their DVD/Blu-Ray players... well thats why... cause they are using PAL... if you really want to read more on PAL/NTSC/SECAM:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

With that said, I know I said 24fps = cinematic, whereas 30fps = documentary/home video.
Its all personal preference too.

I guess I'm programmed to think 24FPS is cinematic.

Do this as an exercise. I know you probably have a camcorder, go record your family having fun in the park. Or watch an old event video, preferrably an old birthday party or wedding video. Put that aside.
Then go grab 3 to 5 of your favorite movies, and watch them straight, when you have time. No interruptions, just watch them on your computer, tell your wife its research for work or whatever. Preferrably blu-ray, but DVD is fine.

Then go grab your DSLR, record something in 24p, then record something else in 30p. Lastly compare what you have on your DSLR to that camcorder or event video, and then compare them to the movies you watched. What do you prefer??? What do you think is cinematic?

When you are shooting video, always remember double the shutter speed. So when you are recording 24p, set your shutter to 48 (50 if 48 is not available); and when you are recording 30p, set your shutter speed to 60.
Another example, when you are shooting at 100fps or 120fps, you set the shutter speed to be 200 or 240 (250 if 240 is not available).

I think you should watch this video to fully understand why you need to double the shutter speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufPJk0MxJ4

Now for slow motion, the best way to understand it is.... lets say you shoot at 120fps.
How many frames more is it compared to 24fps? Its 5 frames more per second, thus 24X5 = 120fps.
What does that mean?
Imagine you are taking pictures, when you use your 5D SR, it can take 5 pictures per second (more or less). Technically speaking a frame is basically a picture.
And 24 pictures per second is the lowest frame rate needed for the eyes and brain to think its video.
So if you film at 120 pictures per second, you can think of it in 2 different perspectives... It takes 5 times longer to do a movement when slowed down, or you are crunching 5 frames into each frame of 24 FPS.

Its the same theory behind 60FPS, only its 2 times faster than 30FPS, and 2.5 times faster than 24FPS

Lastly, a few words about Twixtor and Timewarp... these are computer programs, effects modules in non-linear editors (NLE). What these programs do is.... it fakes slow motion by multiplying the frames. Remember, each frame is a picture. So for example, what Twixtor and Timewarp does is... take your existing footage, lets say it was all recorded in 24FPS, and you say... "crap... I want slow motion, but can't do it cause it was all recorded in 24FPS." Say you want want 120FPS, what Twixtor does is it takes each picture of the 24 picture per second video and copies each picture 5 times. So 5 of the same pictures over and over again...

The problem is this is not the same as recording video at 120fps, because there is a lot of micro-movements between each frame. And, it will become very evident when you slow the 24fps footage down with Twixtor/Timewarp, for example, you will definitely see a lot of warping.

Here is an example of warping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnYszQgieE

The other thing is... Twixtor/Timewarp is not usually used for small slowmotion tweaks. Nobody wants just 60FPS or 120FPS, in fact... if you only want small tweaks like that from your 24FPS footage... you dont' even need Twixtor/Timewarp... your regular NLE has a way to slow it down.... I never go below 75% of the regular speed, it gets really weird below 70% of the regular speed (if slowed down from your 24FPS footage).

What everyone really wants is 1000FPS and 2000FPS... and Twixtor/Timewarp can deliver that... and it works best with video that was captured in high speed. So, remember my first post in this thread, I put up 2 videos, the first video was done on the original 7D - 720p at 60 FPS. That guy used twixtor to slow it down to 2000FPS.
I'm sure the original creator of that video ran into warping too....
If he can do that with 60 FPS, imagine what he can do with 120 FPS.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
I do sports, and that's one reason why I have gas towards 1dx2. I already shoot stills with 1dx, and it wouldn't be huge difference there. But I've been thinking 1dx2 for video-reasons. My current camcorder has couple downfalls for indoor sports shooting:

Major flaws:
-"only" 1080p60, which makes super-slow-motion stuff quite bad
-no manual shutter = fast movement is very blurry

Minor flaws:
-lens not that great
-lens F number not that great
-small sensor

So if I get 1dx2, all those will be fixed. I can shoot:
-1080p120
-manual shutter (I'd probably use ~1/400-1/500)
-all my L-lenses
-good F number
-FF sensor

If I find anything remotely close to those on camcorder for ~$1k or so, I'd go for that. Now I"m wondering should I get 1dx2 or not, just because of those.

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
-1080p120
-all my L-lenses
-good F number
-FF sensor

why? General rule of thumb is to set shutter at 2x fps. So at 120 would be 1/200 as the closest.

Might be a little sharper, but I find it choppy. Just and opinion, but any time I have pushed the shutter above 1/125 for 60 fps, it felt more like flip-animation than smooth video

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Maui5150 said:
tpatana said:
-1080p120
-all my L-lenses
-good F number
-FF sensor

why? General rule of thumb is to set shutter at 2x fps. So at 120 would be 1/200 as the closest.

Might be a little sharper, but I find it choppy. Just and opinion, but any time I have pushed the shutter above 1/125 for 60 fps, it felt more like flip-animation than smooth video

Because some of the movements are so fast, using as slow as 1/200 leads to plenty movement-blur. Using faster ss will give sharper movement, and it's easier for the slow-mo app to process.

Not sure how it'll look until I get camera than can do those though, so until that it's just guessing/speculating. If someone has first-hand information, that'd be great.

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
I do sports, and that's one reason why I have gas towards 1dx2. I already shoot stills with 1dx, and it wouldn't be huge difference there. But I've been thinking 1dx2 for video-reasons. My current camcorder has couple downfalls for indoor sports shooting:

Major flaws:
-"only" 1080p60, which makes super-slow-motion stuff quite bad
-no manual shutter = fast movement is very blurry

Minor flaws:
-lens not that great
-lens F number not that great
-small sensor

-1080p120
-all my L-lenses
-good F number
-FF sensor

If I find anything remotely close to those on camcorder for ~$1k or so, I'd go for that. Now I"m wondering should I get 1dx2 or not, just because of those.

I also shoot sports, among other things, but only as stills.

I also do a lot of video with my 1DX and I am very pleased with it, despite its shortcomings (most of which the 1DX Mark II fix).

I would not though be using the 1DX Mark II for sport video, but that might be because we shoot different sport and to be honest the events I cover all have very, very strict moving images restrictions which is why I only shoot stills at them. However, if I were to shoot video at a sporting event I would still prefer to be using a camcorder such as the XF200 or XF300. Why? Mainly because I would expect AF to be faster on the XFs, better reach and ergonomics and it means I can keep my 1DX (1 or 2) and its associated lens(es) free for stills work.

In fact this is something I have been looking a lot into recently. Within Canon's portfolio I have looked very closely at the XC10, XA30, C100, C300, as well as the XF200 and XF300. After looking at all the pros and cons of each, my plan of action could well be to replace my 1DX with 1DX Mark II, and invest in a XF300 for those events (mainly non-sport) where there are no moving image restrictions etc.

I would use the 1DX II for video in just the same way I currently use the 1DX for video but benefit from the DPAF, and other video features of the Mark II. The XF300 would be used as a secondary camera and for events where I need reach and fast AF etc.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
I've considered those too, but models like XF200/300 are already so expensive I'd just rather get the 1dx2. I'm somewhat tempted on the G30, since that seems good compromise between price and features, or maybe XA20/25.

I can't use 1dx(1) for video for lack of dpaf. 1dx2 would fix this, for big money. Cheap camcorders have other flaws plus not really improvement to my current 1080p60 camcorder. So anyway I need to pay money if I want good video :( I'd rather not. Going for 1dx2 for still-reasons, would give me the video dpaf "for free" in a sense.

Life is full of choices.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
surapon said:

Thank you Sir/ Madame.
Surapon.

Great questions for us non-video types (yet).

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
I've considered those too, but models like XF200/300 are already so expensive I'd just rather get the 1dx2. I'm somewhat tempted on the G30, since that seems good compromise between price and features, or maybe XA20/25.

I can't use 1dx(1) for video for lack of dpaf. 1dx2 would fix this, for big money. Cheap camcorders have other flaws plus not really improvement to my current 1080p60 camcorder. So anyway I need to pay money if I want good video :( I'd rather not. Going for 1dx2 for still-reasons, would give me the video dpaf "for free" in a sense.

Life is full of choices.

I actually just picked up a G30. Got a Refurb deal with 12 months financing, and my total cost wound up like just under $800. Spent a lot of time looking and wanted a more dedicated video camera. G30 and XA 20 are pretty much the same camera minus the XLR Handle. There is a difference as well with a normal cold shoe vs mini, but pretty much was going to cost me $800 for XLR and Handle. Most of my RODE and other Mics don't need Phantom Power, so nice feature, but made it a nice cost savings.

Other thing I love about the G30 or the dedicated video cameras longer and faster zooms and lanc. I have done a ton of shooting on 5D MK II / III t2i/t5i and 7D MK II. While there are some controllers out there that will fit the DSLR, the video have far better LANC controllers, and as an example, I can be shooting on a mono pod, have one hand stedying the pod, and the other on my replacement handle which has LANC controls and I can control zoom and focus as well if needed have a free hand to change menu / focus points on the screen. Definitely check out the Manfrotto MVR901EPLA. I am waiting to see what the 5D MK IV has for video, but if it is close to the AF that the 1D MK II has, then that may be the way for me to go.

I think the quality of say the video out of my 5D MK III and 7D MK II is a little better than the g30 which makes sense given sensor size, but I fave a better time filming events or having flexibility with the g30. So if I am planning shots, can set up rack focus and it is a controlled environment, I tend to go more cinematic with DSLR. Run and Gun, I get better footage easier with the G30.

I have also used a lot of the "remote tools" I find the delay to the DSLR not quite to my liking, for event / run and gun, but suitable if the camera is in an awkward position, like tucked in a corner, low on ground, etc. The g30 has built in wifi, so you turn it on, connect your phone (Tablet is better) and you have wireless control including zoom, focus, changing most settings, etc.

If I was shooting more video for clients where I could justify say the XA35 or better, then I would like that, but for now, I think I found an economical way to do a dedicated video camera and the 5D MK IV and I am not fighting over what lens is on my video while I also have a lens on stills.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Maui5150 said:
tpatana said:

Life is full of choices.

I actually just picked up a G30. Got a Refurb deal with 12 months financing, and my total cost wound up like just under $800. Spent a lot of time looking and wanted a more dedicated video camera. G30 and XA 20 are pretty much the same camera minus the XLR Handle. There is a difference as well with a normal cold shoe vs mini, but pretty much was going to cost me $800 for XLR and Handle. Most of my RODE and other Mics don't need Phantom Power, so nice feature, but made it a nice cost savings.

Other thing I love about the G30 or the dedicated video cameras longer and faster zooms and lanc. I have done a ton of shooting on 5D MK II / III t2i/t5i and 7D MK II. While there are some controllers out there that will fit the DSLR, the video have far better LANC controllers, and as an example, I can be shooting on a mono pod, have one hand stedying the pod, and the other on my replacement handle which has LANC controls and I can control zoom and focus as well if needed have a free hand to change menu / focus points on the screen. Definitely check out the Manfrotto MVR901EPLA. I am waiting to see what the 5D MK IV has for video, but if it is close to the AF that the 1D MK II has, then that may be the way for me to go.

I think the quality of say the video out of my 5D MK III and 7D MK II is a little better than the g30 which makes sense given sensor size, but I fave a better time filming events or having flexibility with the g30. So if I am planning shots, can set up rack focus and it is a controlled environment, I tend to go more cinematic with DSLR. Run and Gun, I get better footage easier with the G30.

I have also used a lot of the "remote tools" I find the delay to the DSLR not quite to my liking, for event / run and gun, but suitable if the camera is in an awkward position, like tucked in a corner, low on ground, etc. The g30 has built in wifi, so you turn it on, connect your phone (Tablet is better) and you have wireless control including zoom, focus, changing most settings, etc.

If I was shooting more video for clients where I could justify say the XA35 or better, then I would like that, but for now, I think I found an economical way to do a dedicated video camera and the 5D MK IV and I am not fighting over what lens is on my video while I also have a lens on stills.

Problem with G30 (for me) is that it's only 60fps, I'd really like to go at least 120. Who I need to sleep with to get 240 at decent resolution without crazy-ass price?

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
Problem with G30 (for me) is that it's only 60fps, I'd really like to go at least 120. Who I need to sleep with to get 240 at decent resolution without crazy-ass price?

There are always trade-offs. For most of the event work I do, 60fps is fine and I spend more time at 24fps for the "cinematic" look. I almost did not buy, but for the price I got, should get a year of use and be able to sell for about what I paid. I am basically looking at it as a free rental or possibly even getting paid a small amount to use.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
mkabi said:
Hello Surapon,
Since this thread hasn't picked up speed, I guess I will step up to explain a few things. And, I owe you that explanation, because you quoted me, and I didn't want you to run around with false information.

First, Canon DSLRs does do 23.98 FPS, 25 FPS., 29.97 FPS, 59.94 FPS... possibly 50 FPS and 120FPS (I think I'm rounding up with that last number; I'm just going to round up all the numbers from now on), and it depends on the cameras. I believe the Canon 80D, 7D mark 2, and the 1DC are the only cameras in the EOS line up right now that can do 1080p at up to 60 FPS; and only the 1DX mark 2 can do DCI 4K at 60p and can go up to 1080p at 120 FPS. Lets avoid talk about the other cinema cameras....

Now lets organize the different frame rates in terms of encoding systems. So all of North America, the top part of South America, and a few other countries use NTSC. Most European countries and Asian coutries use PAL.
NTSC frame rates are 24, 30, 60 & 120.
Whereas PAL uses 25, 50 & 100.
Its gets more deeper than that, but for general purposes, if you record in NTSC and then go overseas and its not working on their DVD/Blu-Ray players... well thats why... cause they are using PAL... if you really want to read more on PAL/NTSC/SECAM:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

With that said, I know I said 24fps = cinematic, whereas 30fps = documentary/home video.
Its all personal preference too.

I guess I'm programmed to think 24FPS is cinematic.

Do this as an exercise. I know you probably have a camcorder, go record your family having fun in the park. Or watch an old event video, preferrably an old birthday party or wedding video. Put that aside.
Then go grab 3 to 5 of your favorite movies, and watch them straight, when you have time. No interruptions, just watch them on your computer, tell your wife its research for work or whatever. Preferrably blu-ray, but DVD is fine.

Then go grab your DSLR, record something in 24p, then record something else in 30p. Lastly compare what you have on your DSLR to that camcorder or event video, and then compare them to the movies you watched. What do you prefer??? What do you think is cinematic?

When you are shooting video, always remember double the shutter speed. So when you are recording 24p, set your shutter to 48 (50 if 48 is not available); and when you are recording 30p, set your shutter speed to 60.
Another example, when you are shooting at 100fps or 120fps, you set the shutter speed to be 200 or 240 (250 if 240 is not available).

I think you should watch this video to fully understand why you need to double the shutter speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufPJk0MxJ4

Now for slow motion, the best way to understand it is.... lets say you shoot at 120fps.
How many frames more is it compared to 24fps? Its 5 frames more per second, thus 24X5 = 120fps.
What does that mean?
Imagine you are taking pictures, when you use your 5D SR, it can take 5 pictures per second (more or less). Technically speaking a frame is basically a picture.
And 24 pictures per second is the lowest frame rate needed for the eyes and brain to think its video.
So if you film at 120 pictures per second, you can think of it in 2 different perspectives... It takes 5 times longer to do a movement when slowed down, or you are crunching 5 frames into each frame of 24 FPS.

Its the same theory behind 60FPS, only its 2 times faster than 30FPS, and 2.5 times faster than 24FPS

Lastly, a few words about Twixtor and Timewarp... these are computer programs, effects modules in non-linear editors (NLE). What these programs do is.... it fakes slow motion by multiplying the frames. Remember, each frame is a picture. So for example, what Twixtor and Timewarp does is... take your existing footage, lets say it was all recorded in 24FPS, and you say... "crap... I want slow motion, but can't do it cause it was all recorded in 24FPS." Say you want want 120FPS, what Twixtor does is it takes each picture of the 24 picture per second video and copies each picture 5 times. So 5 of the same pictures over and over again...

The problem is this is not the same as recording video at 120fps, because there is a lot of micro-movements between each frame. And, it will become very evident when you slow the 24fps footage down with Twixtor/Timewarp, for example, you will definitely see a lot of warping.

Here is an example of warping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnYszQgieE

The other thing is... Twixtor/Timewarp is not usually used for small slowmotion tweaks. Nobody wants just 60FPS or 120FPS, in fact... if you only want small tweaks like that from your 24FPS footage... you dont' even need Twixtor/Timewarp... your regular NLE has a way to slow it down.... I never go below 75% of the regular speed, it gets really weird below 70% of the regular speed (if slowed down from your 24FPS footage).

What everyone really wants is 1000FPS and 2000FPS... and Twixtor/Timewarp can deliver that... and it works best with video that was captured in high speed. So, remember my first post in this thread, I put up 2 videos, the first video was done on the original 7D - 720p at 60 FPS. That guy used twixtor to slow it down to 2000FPS.
I'm sure the original creator of that video ran into warping too....
If he can do that with 60 FPS, imagine what he can do with 120 FPS.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for posting that link, very helpful.

sek

Upvote 0
ajfotofilmagem said:
Computer monitors are capable of displaying video with more than 30 FPS, although the human eye does not notice any improvement to it.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely false.

50/60fps absolutely shows an "improvement" over 24/25/29.97fps.

Motion looks more fluid. Many people feel the "look" of 50/60fps is "unnatural", I for one fine the studded motion of 24/25/29.97 unnatural.

While there is an element of diminishing returns, 50/60fps is certainly more useful then just for slow motion type footage.

Upvote 0