R5 not working with EOS Webcam Utility Beta

muchakucha

EOS M50
Jan 16, 2014
Hawaii
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get my R5 to work with the EOS Webcam Utility Beta., My R works on it with no issues. I did notice that the R5 is not listed as one of the supported models according to the canon website but just want to confirm that it's not going to work.

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Mar 25, 2011
I got it to work with my R5 but my 5D MK IV did not want to work. I think there is a issue in trying to get it working with two different cameras but I never looked into that, since I did not really ever intend to use it, just experimented and wasted a lot of time. I like to learn new things and I'd never streamed video before.

muchakucha

EOS M50
Jan 16, 2014
Hawaii
I can't find anyone else that got it working. Going to just end up getting a capture card for now was planning to get one down the line anyways.

Wikzo

I'm New Here
Apr 23, 2020
Same here. My 750D works fine, but not the R6 (I installed the EOS R version, but when I try to use OBS for video capture, it just shows the default Canon utility logo).

Kit.

EOS 5D Mark IV
Apr 25, 2011
Click "reload" (or go into the URL field of you browser and click Enter). That usually helps.