R5: Where can I report software bugs?

rinamiele

R5 + 1DX3
CR Pro
Jan 21, 2018
New York
rinamiele.com
Hi Guys -

My full report on R5 vs. 1DX3 (and 5D4) to come for our bird shooters but until then...

Where can I report software bugs?
The default write card seems to switch every time I take the card(s) out.

I select the CFExpress to be first to write to and it keeps defaulting to the SD card, as pictured below. I want to keep both cards in the camera for overflow, but this has been pretty annoying. Ha ha!

Anyone experience this? I want to report it somehow since Canon FW updates are far and few in between. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9143.jpeg
    IMG_9143.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 225

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Hi Guys -

My full report on R5 vs. 1DX3 (and 5D4) to come for our bird shooters but until then...

Where can I report software bugs?
The default write card seems to switch every time I take the card(s) out.

I select the CFExpress to be first to write to and it keeps defaulting to the SD card, as pictured below. I want to keep both cards in the camera for overflow, but this has been pretty annoying. Ha ha!

Anyone experience this? I want to report it somehow since Canon FW updates are far and few in between. Thanks!

Don't close the card door with only an SD card inserted or it will automatically switch. The same thing happens if the SD card is selected and you close the door with only a CFExpress card in it - it automatically switches to the CFE card. If only one card is inserted when the door is closed it will automatically switch to the occupied slot.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Don't know if it's new on the R5 or appears first on another model, but you can set your preferred slot to be the "Priority card". Under the scenario outlined above, where you have CFe card chosen, remove it and close the door, the SD card is then selected. However, when you put the CFe card back in and close the door again, it does switch back to the CFe card. A welcome change for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Don't know if it's new on the R5 or appears first on another model, but you can set your preferred slot to be the "Priority card". Under the scenario outlined above, where you have CFe card chosen, remove it and close the door, the SD card is then selected. However, when you put the CFe card back in and close the door again, it does switch back to the CFe card. A welcome change for me.
That would be great. They updated the 1 series firmware to do that some time ago. My R always detects the right card. ;)

• Haha
Upvote 0

rinamiele

R5 + 1DX3
CR Pro
Jan 21, 2018
New York
rinamiele.com
Thanks everyone!!

What's hilarious is that, since my 1DX3 has two CFExpress cards - I didn't notice/care for the switch! And I never used 2 cards on 5D4, 7D2, etc., because the second card slot was slower to write. HA! It's an odd behavior for sure to me, but if that's the way they want it, good to know! Thank you!

Upvote 0