R7 Continuous Focusing

Old Sarge

CR Pro
Nov 6, 2012
As I age I believe my memory is slipping. I bought a R7 toward the end of last year. So far I've been practicing with it shooting birds, mostly in my back yard. I'm pleased with it overall, of course I was also pleased with my 7DII and all my previous DSLRs. But as I have altered the set-up I have somehow set it to, what I would call, "continuous autofocus." I use back-button focusing (two buttons dedicated to it). When I press either of these buttons (AF-On or *) and achieve focus if I release the button it continues to focus. When I noticed this I found that I can just turn the camera on and it starts focusing. I have looked in the advanced manual, looked at videos, etc., and still can't find how to turn this off. I am set for "Servo." Can someone give me some advice?

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
My thanks to both of you. Silly name change. :) And thanks to you, AlanF, because I know you would have answered it they hadn't beat you to it. In minutes y'all solved a problem that I worked hours on.
Another to watch out for with the R7 is that sometimes, like when customising buttons, you both have to enable something and then check the box on the left.

Upvote 0