RF 100-500 availability/delivery

jeanluc

EOS RP
Oct 29, 2012
Anybody get one of these lately? Mines been back ordered at B and H for a good month ir so.

Just wondering if anyone else is in same boat.

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
I got one about 3 wks ago but tried every well known big camera store all over the country and none had one available and then by off chance I tried a specialty camera store in Berkeley, CA that I've bought some equip from and they had 1 in stock (and 1 RF 1.4 TC) and I was able to get them both. Your best bet may be to try the non chain camera stores.
Catherine

Mistkäfer

EOS M50
Sep 15, 2014
portfolio.fotocommunity.de
A friend of mine got his lens 7 days after ordering.
Perhaps a tip on this. I have been told that if Canon receives an order with a customer's name, it will process such an order faster. Of course, I can't prove whether that's true, but I ordered my R5 a week after it went on sale and received it 3 weeks later. Others who ordered well before me waited a long time for the R5. It was the same with the 100-500 lens. Ordered by the end customer by name, the lens was there after 7 days, others who ordered earlier are still waiting.

Fischer

EOS RP
Mar 17, 2020
Got mine around 4 weeks ago from a non-US Canon shop. The Canon store was out of stock but was resupplied and now it has all RF lenses in stock. So Canon is producing and sending out.

jeanluc

EOS RP
Oct 29, 2012
Update: got it from BH a couple weeks ago, so total wait was about 6 weeks. Not sure about now. Anyway, love the lens!

<-- start Taboola -->